PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Kayla5317
03-05-17, 19:04
Hello!

I'm definitely a bit of a hypochondriac and, although I know better, tend to WebMD any odd physical symptoms I might be having. I also deal with anxiety which, as I'm sure you all know, is never helped by searching the internet for health related solutions!

I've appreciated NMP before as several threads have calmed me down in the past (and I'm still alive!) so I decided to join =)

venusbluejeans
03-05-17, 19:09
Hiya Kayla5317 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

fduop
07-05-17, 13:44
Welcome Kayla5317, glad to have you join. Being a bit of a hypochondriac myself I get where you're coming from Kayla5317.I suppose the best advice I could give is "trust". By that I mean trust what your "body" tells you and also "trust" what your doctor tells you.

If your blood pressures up then work with your doctor and be proactive about fixing the situation. If you doctor tells you it's stress, then still be proactive in fixing the situation.

The point is use your condition in your favor. But at the same time if your doctor and our vitals tell your otherwise then trust them. I know it don't sound like much. But fear and worry are powerful tools that sometimes get over used. Keep using the site, their are plenty of resources here to help you out and be afraid to express your fears here, we understand.