PDA

View Full Version : dosage increase and increased anxiety

Ethansmom
04-05-17, 00:51
Can anyone chime it and let me know how long your anxiety increased for when upping the dosage. I'm noticing it's about a week into taking the increased dose. How long does it last for you, and how do you handle it?

maccknight
05-05-17, 09:16
I am on day 28 of increasing from 30 to 40. For me and please bear in mind I am very sensitive to meds my anxiety massively increased on day 4. It peaked on day 14 and several times I nearly gave up but stuck at it. In the third week I started having the odd ok day then bad days again. Since day 25 things have gradually improved the anxiety is still there in the background but much less so just hoping it continues

Ethansmom
05-05-17, 19:49
thanks maccknight. I too am very sensitive to meds. Mine seemed to peak on day 6 this time and last time it peaked on days 9-12 and then leveled out. How do you deal with the extra anxiety? Do you take a benzo like Xanax or anything ? I guess I just need to get through the next week and half.

maccknight
06-05-17, 13:14
I take lorazepam 1mg twice a day - although yesterday reduced the daytime dose down to 0.5 and not feeling as good today. I did a lot of reading to distract myself and just got through hour by hour when it was at its worst and tried to stay positive telling myself it was just side effects