PDA

View Full Version : Anyone diagnosed with COPD ?

Spetz
04-05-17, 07:29
Hi,

I was wondering if there is anyone who has been diagnosed with COPD ?

I can do with some common sense advice.

Anyone.

:)

peter34uk
04-05-17, 11:28
Hi,

If you smoke, STOP! COPD is a progressive disease and theres no getting around it, BUT you CAN manage it.

Also check out Salt Caves as an hour in there clear your chest and its amazing.

My dad passed away from COPD and the best advice I can give is STOP smoking ans Salt Caves!

Fishmanpa
04-05-17, 13:11
Testing has shown that I have some mild to moderate COPD from smoking all those years. I don't really notice any symptoms but it's been stable for quite some time now and since I quit, not progressing.

Positive thoughts

meche
04-05-17, 13:21
My father-in-law has COPD and although it is under control for now he continues to smoke.... :nonono: - despite being told by doctors and family he must stop (makes me so angry). However, he gets breathless very easily, can't walk for too long or too far & at times brings up the most horrendous looking 'gunk' from his chest. He moved to the coast a few months ago and the fresh sea air has helped but it isn't going to get any better. xx

peter34uk
04-05-17, 13:40
Essentially if you continue to smoke it will progress....and quickly! I've seen it happen with my own eyes.

Spetz
04-05-17, 13:42
Thank you so much for your replies guys, means a lot.

I haven't been smoking more than 1-2 cigs per day since June,2016 till 1st April, 2017 and from 1st April, I have quit smoking and drinking. So no smoking and drinking since a month and forever.

'Fishmanpa', can we connect ? I would love to know more details.

Thank You