PDA

View Full Version : Knees turning purple!!

k9love
04-05-17, 21:46
Noticed this a few weeks back after swimming, didn't think much of it but went to the doc to get checked out, they are sending me for all sorts of blood tests, mentioned PAD to me which looks very scary!

Did my blood pressure today at home and it was 144 over 88!
Am I panicking too much?

Rosanna
04-05-17, 22:59
K9love....I love that name! :-)

Have you been swimming again to see if it happens again? Or can you take a photo of it for the doctor to see?

As you probably know your thoughts are leaping ahead to what 'might be.' It also might not be. But it's not always easy to be calm about these things. My BP is usually always 120 over 80, but one day at the doctor's when I was pretty anxious, nearly in a panic, it was 144/80 (something) and I was told this was normal. BP does fluctuate, its just about where it stays consistently....again checking your BP is just going to add to your anxiety.

Easy for me to say, I'm all over this forum at the moment with my fears, but I know logically that checking behaviour is driven by looking for reassurance, but it almost always backfires on us. I would try really hard not to do any checking. Remember that stress is bad for your health, so it would actually be better for your body to do mindfulness or go for a walk or something. But I know it's easy for me to say, lol.

Aaahhfreakout
05-05-17, 15:25
It's strange that it's your knees and not your feet, and that it's both at the same time!

Sounds like primary Raynaud's phenomenon in your knees. This is a pretty harmless reaction to cold that some people get, often young women. :)