PDA

View Full Version : question about ct scan

purplewitch
04-05-17, 23:24
no one seems to be answering me on the tests forum and i'm really curious about something regarding my ct scan so sorry if this seems like an identical post to yesterday i'm just really confused:

basically to wrap things up i had a ct scan without contrast on my abdomen and pelvis at the ER yesterday for abdominal pain. i also had a urine test that showed a tiny bit of blood but they didnt think anything of it.i had to stay in the ER to wait for the results to come back..(a whole whopping 2 hours) because they suspected i had kidney stones..turns out i didn't. which is all fine and dandy BUT as I do have a fear of luekiema..I started thinking,could a liver/spleen enlargement show on the type of CT scan I had..would they have told me..I'm just really confused is all.

by the way-i think i pinpointed my pain to constipation because i took a lax today and im going to the bathroom more

axolotl
04-05-17, 23:29
Deeeeep breath...

...you've had a very big scan and so you now know you've got nothing lurking in that area.

...why would they hide the fact you had an enlarged liver?!

...what are the chances of you thinking of something they haven't?!

Your doctors aren't idiots. Allow yourself to be reassured.

purplewitch
05-05-17, 00:08
Deeeeep breath...

...you've had a very big scan and so you now know you've got nothing lurking in that area.

...why would they hide the fact you had an enlarged liver?!

...what are the chances of you thinking of something they haven't?!

Your doctors aren't idiots. Allow yourself to be reassured.

Well no I wasnt thinking they were hiding anything from me,I was just asking if a spleen or liver enlargement would have shown..they did refer me to a gastroentologist though

Crazy1
05-05-17, 00:34
Yes both would have been seen on an abdomin ct scam aswell as any masses or fluid build up!!