PDA

View Full Version : MRI Incidental Findings

ODA_555
05-05-17, 01:43
Hi all,

I had a lower back MRI done a few weeks ago. During the MRI, they took a whole bunch of images and some of them showed organs. My question is would MRIs such as the one I did be good enough to find something incidental?

Capercrohnj
05-05-17, 02:12
Yes I believe so. I had one for fistulas of my colon/rectum and my report mentioned I had a retrovertrd uterus, some free fluid and cysts on my ovaries

ODA_555
05-05-17, 04:46
Yes I believe so. I had one for fistulas of my colon/rectum and my report mentioned I had a retrovertrd uterus, some free fluid and cysts on my ovaries
Thanks for your response!

countrygirl
05-05-17, 20:25
I personally know 3 people who had lumbar scans and it picked up very very early stage kidney cancer, they are all still alive and well after treatment.
The biggest problem with mri is that it often picks up abnomalities that require more investigation but turn out to be harmless! Been there myself in the past:wacko:

ODA_555
09-05-17, 01:23
I personally know 3 people who had lumbar scans and it picked up very very early stage kidney cancer, they are all still alive and well after treatment.
The biggest problem with mri is that it often picks up abnomalities that require more investigation but turn out to be harmless! Been there myself in the past:wacko:
Wow! I did mine and was told of no incidental findings.