PDA

View Full Version : BBC documentary

Phuzella
05-05-17, 07:05
Last night's BBC documentary on stress. Anyone watch it? I thought it was pants :D

jamiebythesea
05-05-17, 07:28
Had about as much information in it as you can find on a leaftlet from your doctors surgery. I thought they got 'stress' and 'fear' mixed up. Stress can be negative and sometimes positive....never found fear to have much positivity.

Phuzella
05-05-17, 07:35
True. Very dumbed down information.

Catherine S
05-05-17, 09:09
I have to catch up on the UK tv progs online over here, so not worth bothering for this you think? I'll stick to Gogglebox then :D

ISB x

Phuzella
05-05-17, 16:47
I actually turned it off before the end. From what I did watch, there was nothing new. Banging on about fight or flight as if it was a radical new theory :D

jamiebythesea
05-05-17, 17:44
I never made it to the end either, from what I saw, it was just say to yourself 'i'm excited' instead of 'i'm anxious' and all will be well lol .... yeah right. :lac:

Phuzella
05-05-17, 18:32
Yeah I'm really excited by having to get up at 5 every day to go to work :D

Magic
05-05-17, 19:01
I also thought the documentary was a waste of time and useless. :huh:

fishman65
05-05-17, 19:18
I thought it was ground breaking, cutting edge investigative journalism. I mean, what's this fight or flight thingy?? :winks:

Phuzella
05-05-17, 19:53
:roflmao:

jamiebythesea
05-05-17, 20:26
Next time I'm throwing an anxiety wobble in the middle of the night, I'll just stand there and shout 'ohhhh I'm so excited' and then I'll be fine...why didn't I think of this before!! :scared10:

MyNameIsTerry
06-05-17, 01:05
what's this fight or flight thingy?? :winks:

Isn't that when you're hammered on lager at the airport and they give you a choice whether to get on the plane or not? :yesyes:

Bill
06-05-17, 05:00
Hello Terry,
I didn't see this thread before but I've asked about in a GAD post.

My feeling about the programme was that it was aimed at people who suffer from day to day stress in the workplace and the basics of keeping their stress more limited to educate those who don't know the effects of too much stress.

I feel there's a big difference between severe and mild anxiety, and they didn't touch on the severe type.

I did though understand the theory regarding the connection between anxious feelings and excitement but again, I think this was aimed at trying to help people when they feel nervous rather than really anxious about i.e. standing up to do a presentation at work. If those people suffered from severe anxiety, I just can't believe it would work and certainly not that quickly.

I do think any educating of society is a good thing though because you would hope it would help people to understand what stress can do, even if they didn't touch on the effects of severe stress and anxiety.

flipp
06-05-17, 05:13
Isn't that when you're hammered on lager at the airport and they give you a choice whether to get on the plane or not? :yesyes:

That's it Terry,crikey you is smart ...lol x.:roflmao:

MyNameIsTerry
06-05-17, 06:11
That's it Terry,crikey you is smart ...lol x.:roflmao:

With a choice of fight & get arrested or be quiet & board the plane, up popped a thought that there was an option c)...go back to the bar! :yahoo:

Positive thinking :yesyes:

---------- Post added at 06:11 ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 ----------

Hello Terry,
I didn't see this thread before but I've asked about in a GAD post.

My feeling about the programme was that it was aimed at people who suffer from day to day stress in the workplace and the basics of keeping their stress more limited to educate those who don't know the effects of too much stress.

I feel there's a big difference between severe and mild anxiety, and they didn't touch on the severe type.

I did though understand the theory regarding the connection between anxious feelings and excitement but again, I think this was aimed at trying to help people when they feel nervous rather than really anxious about i.e. standing up to do a presentation at work. If those people suffered from severe anxiety, I just can't believe it would work and certainly not that quickly.

I do think any educating of society is a good thing though because you would hope it would help people to understand what stress can do, even if they didn't touch on the effects of severe stress and anxiety.

Hi Bill,

I was going to mention this thread when I saw your post. Glad you found it.

I've replied on the other as it seemed more appropriate.