PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated

Chawk384
05-05-17, 14:27
I feel like this is some what of a setback- I have posted on here about my son having thrush- I was at the pediatrician yesterday with my kids for my daughter's 18 month check up- which went great! While we were there I asked the doctor to look at my sons tongue- when she looked at it she said- this is not thrush- she told me it was something called geographic tongue and it was nothing to worry about and it would go away on its own. Ugh this is where my frustration kicks in- I was doing so good with my anxiety and I still feel like I am doing much better than I was- but now I am questioning which doctor was correct- either way I know it's nothing serious so on scale of 1 to 10 on freaking out I am at 3. It just bothers me that one doctor says it's one thing and then another doctor says it something else. If it is thrush he needs to be on medicine for it( he was doing a nyastatin rinse for the thrush for almost a month and it didn't seem to be working) so I guess what I am wondering is what should I do? Get another opinion? Wait a few days and see if there are any changes with his tongue?

CHELLEB1017
05-05-17, 15:14
I have geographic tongue too! Nothing to worry about at all! Biotene mouth wash really helps mine!

Catherine S
05-05-17, 15:31
If the thrush treatment didn't work after using it for a month then it's likely it's not thrush, so it's probably the condition the second doctor told you it was. It's a process of elimination I guess, but neither condition is serious. You're wasting all those good anxiety symptoms on this, save them for when you really do need to be anxious :)

ISB x

Chawk384
05-05-17, 16:33
Hahah I like that- save my anxiety symptoms- I really haven't been too concerned or at least not at the level I normally would have been so I take that as a good sign :)