PDA

View Full Version : Hit my head - worried

tillyyy
06-05-17, 13:19
Last night whilst sat on my bed I meant back and it my head on the corner of my shelf. It stopped hurting very quickly, so I continued with my evening. This morning i was fine, I had forgotten that I got my head until I may back and it felt sore. There's no massive lump, but when I touch the area I hit its quote sore. I also have a headache, and I was wondering if this is caused from hitting my head or being on my phone for too long in an awkwards position. Had anyone got advice?

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

axolotl
06-05-17, 13:25
Your skull is made to withstand heavier knocks than a quick bump on a shelf.

unsure_about_this
06-05-17, 13:36
I done it loads of times during my life, just rub your head

denim03
06-05-17, 14:35
I agree with axolotl. I've hit my head against cupboard doors quite a few times.

BazB44
06-05-17, 21:46
I worry sometimes too because of football players or boxers who end up with dementia or brain trauma injuries. I don't play football (I did in high school for 2 years) and I don't box, but still lol. When I hit my head against the shower or car door I panic too.

Jackrabbit
06-05-17, 22:50
I came to nomorepanic initially for something really similar. I had fallen off of a chair and hit the back of my head off the floor pretty hard. Skulls are made to withstand a decent blow. You can get a number of things from hitting your head and a headache is one of them which is normal. Things that you should look out for are intense headache accompanied with nausea, vision changes such as double vision and extreme lightheadedness. The headache and nausea is the number one thing to look out for. You're most likely fine though, nothing to really worry about.