PDA

View Full Version : Hands up, who has ever had a new freckle appear?

helenhoo
06-05-17, 19:14
I've probably had loads over tbe years but i notice more with my anxiety. I have noticed a handful of new ones and seen i must've had new ones from old photos.

Just curious to hear yours.

ServerError
06-05-17, 19:18
Everybody with freckles.

siwz991
06-05-17, 19:21
I'm 26 and docs told me more of them may appear with age, since my anxiety started, I really notice new frequently:-) keep calm

unsure_about_this
06-05-17, 20:03
Yes I also suffer from NF so I get some new lovely marks now and again

Catherine S
06-05-17, 23:07
The very nature of freckles is that there are loads more as the weather warms up. Even without the sun shining, just being exposed to sunlight after the grey days of winter is enough to see lots more of them. Mine generally fade a little in winter, but they never disappear completely, and new ones do appear sometimes in winter too.

I'm of Irish descent with auburn hair and freckles/ moles in abundance as has most of my family. I'm 63 now and over the years I've lost family members to different types of cancer but never skin cancer despite this.

Stop obsessing about your freckles, you can't live your life with 'what if, maybe and could be', it's no way to live.

ISB

Josh1234
07-05-17, 01:40
Don't feed this one, folks.

axolotl
07-05-17, 07:48
For newer visitors, and if we sound harsh or unhelpful here, Helen spent an entire year or more posting sometimes numerous threads a day about a seemingly bottomless well of health scares, some so bizarre they stretched believability. In all that time she never grasped that this was a forum about anxiety, not health advice, never understood or even cared how detrimental reassurance seeking is to recovery, refused and outright ignored good advice about managing anxiety, and sought only users to spend time batting every thought she had out of the way so she could instantly start on a new one. Often the soft soap vs tough love approach to her posts caused various heated arguments on here, which some saw as her real reason for being here.

She's obviously being doing better of late, as she hasn't posted for ages, but reassuring her and indulging talk about vague symptoms and imaginary illness will reawaken the beast. Obviously she's been doing something right in her life recently, and she's having a wobble, but if newer users think we older users are being harsh it's because we know, if we take her posts at face value, this forum is detrimental to Helen's health and recovery if we continue her conversations about medical issues.

MyNameIsTerry
07-05-17, 08:45
For those who might have missed this, as it was on the GAD board 23/04, bereavement can certainly increase our anxiety and I think it's worth being mindful of that:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=197903

I am burying my Grandad in a few weeks and I was asked if I wanted to see him in his casket

It's bound to knock anyone off their recovery plan, test their tools for control and cause the negative behaviours to resurface. Time can be needed to get back on track.

We all have blips.

axolotl
07-05-17, 09:00
For those who might have missed this, as it was on the GAD board 23/04, bereavement can certainly increase our anxiety and I think it's worth being mindful of that:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=197903

It's bound to knock anyone off their recovery plan, test their tools for control and cause the negative behaviours to resurface. Time can be needed to get back on track.

We all have blips.

Ah well that's useful context.

Helen, very sorry to hear that. I'm sure we're all very happy to give any support we can getting you back on course with anxiety (and it would be good to hear what measures you did take, because it seems you were doing well), and I hope you also see why people refuse to talk about medical issues with you, and why I wanted to gently dissuade newer users who may not know your history on here from doing so.