PDA

View Full Version : Lower Chest and left arm sensations.

Hahneclipse73
06-05-17, 20:55
Been having these for about two days now. I get such a strange tight feeling in my abdomen right below my chest, sometimes there is even a tickling feel. Also a tightness on my left side that sometimes goes to maybe my elbow. I feel like I'm constantly tense on my left side of chest...could it be that's not my dominant arm, all of the tension is only happening on that side? I've just been feeling really blahh... the past two days but those seem to be the only symptoms besides being mentally tired and nervous about health. Just curious if anyone every gets anything like the tightness I've been experiancing. Ive found of I really take my mind off it or relax they seem to dissapear...but obviously rise up again. Ive been to the doctors many times and had a lot of tests done but of course with having health anxiety..."they could have missed something" and its actually a heart issue or something I will just die instantly from :doh:

bin tenn
06-05-17, 21:45
Do you have GERD? That can cause similar sensations. Trapped gas/reflux can cause tightness sensations in the abdomen, and it can also radiate to the neck, jaw, shoulders, back and arms.

Hahneclipse73
06-05-17, 23:48
I'm not positive but I think I may... I always seem to have a cough and thats lasted like 4 years now. It feels like mucus dripping down my throat. Then depending on what and how much I eat ill get a weird feeling in my chest that feels like I need to burp but can't. The cough gets reslly bad the more acidic the food I eat...orange juice will have me coughing a lot all day so i avoid that now. Doctor actually gave me meds for it to see if the cough goes away. Ive had a slew of anxiety symptoms and panic attacks these symptoms are just the current ones.

bin tenn
07-05-17, 04:02
That could be the case, IMO. Obviously if it gets worse or you're overly concerned you should see your doc, but I do believe you're fine and it's likely GERD related. For many years I've had a frequent "cough". Sometimes it produces mucus, sometimes not. I also have a constant urge to clear my throat, which ultimately leads to more throat irritation, therefore more throat irritation/coughing. I started a PPI (Pantoprazole/Protonix 40mg once daily) last August and it eliminate that urge, but it does seem to have reduced it. I've also had a reduction in the gassy feeling, abdominal tightness, etc.

Are you still taking the medication, or no?

Hahneclipse73
07-05-17, 18:49
I actually have not started to take it yet. I was taking Lorazapam and didn't want to mix two pills at once. What he gave me is like a 40mg capsule pill..not sure of the name. If it was GERD would I have just those symptoms or also heartburn, acid in throat, etc? Even today the tightness has left my chest but I am still getting that weird tickling feeling maybe 4inches above my belly button just below my chest. Almost as if someone is rubbing a festher inside my body. Got three ekgs and an ecg but my anxiety is about my heart so I have just been nervous its due to some sort of issue other then anxiety or gerd..