PDA

View Full Version : Generalized Itching...mind in overdrive

Rey1989
07-05-17, 15:35
Hello everyone,

After 2 months or so of feeling ok, now im back.

Not going to make it a long post, but heres whats going on:

-about a month ago I developed gum problems, they swelled up and started
Bleeding sometimes. Waiting on my benefits to kick in to visit dentist again.

-As of 2 days ago, I have generalized itching, but theres nothing on my skin, no rash; no bites, nothing. And it moves from one point to the next. One min the leg, then the arm, then my back...

-The generalized itching is companied with a feeling of heat on my back, arms and legs, like i got sunburn kind of, a mild sunburn. (I live in Canada, and its been raining for a week straight so no sunburns for sure)

Now im thinking I have something like leukemia or lymphoma since a while back i read (yea i know...too late now) that gum problems Nd itching were symptoms... ive actually had leukemia/lymphoma fears for a while now...

I guess i need someone to tell me my fears are completely irrational, or I have grounds...this health anxiety im telling you, its ruining my life.

Thanks for reading.

Rey

Rey1989
08-05-17, 00:49
Anybody?

katniss
08-05-17, 02:46
Happens to me all the time and has been for years. In the beginning it freaked me out. But now I know the trugger, sleep deprivation. Obviously you could have a different trigger. But my itching almost always comes up when I'm tired. In the beginning I freaked out and it would just itch all the time! And that was because itching can be further exacerbated by anxiety.

So long answer short, it could be your good ol friend anxiety. I've heard leukemia or lymphoma itching is scratch your scabs off, most people get bleeds because of how itchy they are

Rey1989
08-05-17, 03:20
Thank you for your answer! It is freaking me out because I feel like every inch itches, comes and goes in waves, and the most logical explanation is anxiety, since I dont notice it much when im busy.

I've just had leukemia/lymphoma fears for quite some time now, and unfortunately you cant unlearn something... a while back I read that itching was a symptom of these diseases and of course now i think that once again this gotta be me....

I still cant seem to find a pattern to this, so I dont know specifically what is the trigger.

Rey

Rey1989
08-05-17, 09:06
I just wanted to add that i got woken up because my legs were itching, which has never happened to me so far. Needles to say im freaking out. Should i schedule a doctors appt over this????

Rey

Rey1989
08-05-17, 19:11
I wish all of this would end, I wish people in my environment would understand this pain. Im having a major mental breakdown with all this stress and cant afford help atm.

HA is runing my life, and creating a negative impact on the lives of those around me. I wish I could go back to being normal.

Srry for the rant, I just needed to vent and put my thoughts out there. May peace shine upon all of you today and always!

Rey

Rey1989
09-05-17, 02:26
Im really really freaking out over this, and would love for someone to chat amd make me rationalize. I will call my dr tomorrow to book an apt, but i cant help but to think the worse.
Should I be this concerned over the whole itching situation? Can someone please say something? Im hitting rock bottom with this one because for the first time it feels like it could possibly be it.

Thanks to anyone who can come help.

Rey1989
09-05-17, 23:07
Hi again to whoever reads this message,

Just wanted to write down an update for my own sake, did go to the dr and he said it was all due to dry skin. I still feel very anxious over all of this, and Im hoping is just another anxiety symptom I need to get used to.

Also I asked him about psychological help, and he gave me a list of psychologists in my area. He did say they usually charge about $180 or more per hr, and I dont have that money, so that will have to wait. He also gave me the name of a couple books I should read which im gonna buy this week.

I guess for now I'll be flying solo on this and will have to help myself as much as possible.

Thats it for now and hopefully I hear back from somebody :)

Thanks for reading,

Rey

Rey1989
10-05-17, 19:37
My doctor keeps saying its because of dry skin and histamine being released... cant seem to wrap my head around it.

Has anybody ever experienced what I have described? Im itching so much...

MyNameIsTerry
11-05-17, 00:44
My doctor keeps saying its because of dry skin and histamine being released... cant seem to wrap my head around it.

Has anybody ever experienced what I have described? Im itching so much...

Yep, and it is something anyone can experience, anxiety or not.

So, maybe it is due to anxiety or maybe it's just something you are experiencing alongside it?

Histamine reacts and you get inflammation symptoms. It's what happens up your nose with hayfever.

Stress rashes do occur, I've had them.

Rey1989
11-05-17, 10:27
Yep, and it is something anyone can experience, anxiety or not.

So, maybe it is due to anxiety or maybe it's just something you are experiencing alongside it?

Histamine reacts and you get inflammation symptoms. It's what happens up your nose with hayfever.

Stress rashes do occur, I've had them.

Thank you!

I have no rashes, my skin looks normal otherwise, unless I scratch then obviously looks red.

Happens on and off throghout the day, and my main concern is that it wakes me up! Ive read that itching is usually not serious unless it disturbs your sleep.

I dont think my dr is taking me seriously. Im 28 male, healthy otherwise, i dont smoke, hardly ever drink more than 1 beer, eat organic foods, excercise every day, i dont understand why all of this is happening to me...

MyNameIsTerry
11-05-17, 14:03
I think he is taking it as seriously as he needs to at this stage. He obviously doesn't see any other symptoms to point at something else or a more complicated condition that needs a referral for more intensive treatment.

The weather has turned hot now so that may be aggravating it. As could soaps you use with scent in or not moisturising after shower/bath when it dries your skin out.

I know it's very annoying, my mum was up all night with hers, and it doesn't always respond straight away so give it some time and see if they help. If not, he may try something something a bit stronger.

Rey1989
12-05-17, 01:30
I took Claratin, and Im doing just as bad. I keep convincing myself theres something else causing this itching... i hope im wrong.

I feel like crap, and Im depressed with all of this. Life sucks at the moment.

Rey1989
13-05-17, 00:17
Ive been emailing back and forth with my doc and hes saying its mild urticaria... which i seriously doubt because im not getting hives or any visible marks on my skin. It gets red if i scratch obviously, but i dont think thats what it is. If anything could be an allergic reaction to something but i dont know.

I hate not trusting what the dr is saying but it clearly feels like hes not paying attention to what ive been telling him.

Im extremely anxious about it, and I feel the dr is overlooking what trully is happening.