PDA

View Full Version : Indent in the roof of my mouth

debbiedoop152
07-05-17, 22:54
I'm a sever hypochondriac. It controls my life.
And the new thing on my plate, is I found this small indent on the roof of my mouth, that's not symmetrical to the other side. I'm terrified it could be mouth cancer. I went to urgent care for another reason and asked them about the indent. The dr REFUSED to look at my mouth and said it wasn't what urgent care was for. Everything on other sites mention Cancer, Canker sore, cold sore, or burn. It's not sore, so I don't think it's canker or cold.. and I haven't eaten anything recently to burn it. Has anyone else experienced a random indent that isn't cancer?

Fishmanpa
07-05-17, 23:08
It's called asymmetry and it's a normal human trait.

Positive thoughts

debbiedoop152
07-05-17, 23:20
Can you expand on what you mean?

---------- Post added at 14:20 ---------- Previous post was at 14:11 ----------

Also, what might cause the asymmetry to randomly appear? I've never noticed it before. And now I'm obsessed...

Fishmanpa
07-05-17, 23:22
Can you expand on what you mean?

---------- Post added at 14:20 ---------- Previous post was at 14:11 ----------

Also, what might cause the asymmetry to randomly appear? I've never noticed it before. And now I'm obsessed...

a·sym·me·try

āˈsimətrē/
noun
lack of equality or equivalence between parts or aspects of something; lack of symmetry.

And a normal human trait. That's it... nothing more. You're literally obsessing over a normal human feature. It's always been that way. You just never noticed until your went looking for something to feed your dragon.

Positive thoughts