PDA

View Full Version : Shooting pain in chest

AnxiousTeen97
08-05-17, 15:27
I am 19, not overweight, no family history of heart diseases. But for like 4 days I am having weird pain in the left area of the chest, like a stabbing pain that radiates to my left arm, but my back/shoulders/neck on the left side are more strained, despite the pains I am still able to run and walk nonstop, I went to the doctor and he blamed it on spending too much time on cold/wind. I am not sure how is it related? I am tired of going to the doctor everyday because of different symptoms. I just read a story where the teen was misdiagnosed and died later. I am incredibly afraid of an heart attack right now or lung cancer. Should I trust the doctor? :/

Fishmanpa
08-05-17, 15:30
Should I trust the doctor? :/

Over strangers on the internet? Absolutely! But for what it's worth, between the doctor and your age, there's nothing to be concerned about.

Positive thoughts

WiredIncorrectly
08-05-17, 15:51
Could be something as simple as a pulled muscle, trapped nerve etc. I've had pain in the left side of my chest, and arms, simply from a full stomach, or IBS. I dare drink milk! Almost daily I get strange pains in that area when bending in certain positions. I just ignore them.

When it's heart related most times it's pressure, or a fullness, in the chest. The pain is very intense when it gets bad. I've never had a heart problem like that, but my friends mom recently had a heart attack. She had a couple of stents put in ... the operation was simple ... and she's golden. No lasting damage. She ignored it for 2 days and when I asked her what it felt like she said "Like nothing I've every felt before. Intense!".

Heart problems are almost never shooting pains. They're never short in duration, and if they are they come in "waves" that gets progressively worse.

With no underlying heart problems, and no drug abuse, I'd say you're far too young. But, when I was your age I thought the same thing too.

:)

AnxiousTeen97
08-05-17, 19:30
Just went to a private cardiologist and had Echodiagram and he said that my heart was fine, I am still not convinced ???

WiredIncorrectly
08-05-17, 19:36
Just went to a private cardiologist and had Echodiagram and he said that my heart was fine, I am still not convinced ???

They're not lying to you dude. You're fine. Jump for the sky. You have a clean bill of health! That's the best news ever. Your brain is tricking you.

axolotl
08-05-17, 19:45

So where did you go to medical school? ;)

Seriously, you have to trust the experts?

Fishmanpa
08-05-17, 20:13
Are you getting professional help for your anxiety?

Positive thoughts

AnxiousTeen97
09-05-17, 00:12
[QUOTE=Fishmanpa;1676375]Are you getting professional help for your anxiety?

Not yet, I have the appointment next month, will it really help? Cause I cannot stop myself, a little rash is a sign of something cancerous.
And I really fall for it and get depressed, the doctors are expecting me to go everyday and now it's usual to blame it all on anxiety. SMH

Fishmanpa
09-05-17, 00:38
Not yet, I have the appointment next month, will it really help? Cause I cannot stop myself, a little rash is a sign of something cancerous. And I really fall for it and get depressed, the doctors are expecting me to go everyday and now it's usual to blame it all on anxiety. SMH

I think... no, I know it will help. I have a daughter probably around your age (if 97 is your birth year) and she has anxiety and depression. She has therapy and takes meds. She worked hard but she's doing great.

Positive thoughts