PDA

View Full Version : Mucus in throat, difficulty swallowing it down.

Mav
08-05-17, 18:33
I'm not going to google, I know I will scare myself. I already have had the node in my neck worry, so I'm not going to start linking this to throat cancer os something ridiculous. But I hope someone can give me some insight into what it could be.

It's a slimey feeling at the back of my throat, no cough or anything. Just a thick saliva feeling that makes me a little uncomfortable. 2 nights ago it was rather bad, my mum gave me some ginger tea to drink and that cleared it up. Now it's back, despite having been drinking ginger tea for a few days, it's significantly less now.

It's like a feeling of not being able to spit the thick saliva out, not being able to swallow it down. It's sort of stuck at the back of my mouth, tounge and into my throat. When I spit, it's a slimey, clear substance.

Fishmanpa
08-05-17, 18:43
When I spit, it's a slimey, clear substance.

Yeah, that's what spit/mucous typically is ;) Allergies are rough this year and I'm dealing with it too... no biggie...

Positive thoughts

Mav
08-05-17, 19:04
Yeah, that's what spit/mucous typically is ;) Allergies are rough this year and I'm dealing with it too... no biggie...

Positive thoughts

I am a sufferer of hay fever but pollen doesn't seem to be particularly high in my area at the moment :unsure:

Fishmanpa
08-05-17, 19:11
Regardless... it's mucous not some deadly alien invaded implanted in your throat ;) Drink more liquids and spit of you have to. Try an OTC anti-histamine too... can't hurt :)

Positive thoughts

WiredIncorrectly
08-05-17, 20:22
not some deadly alien invaded implanted in your throat ;)

:yesyes::yesyes::yesyes::yesyes::yesyes::yesyes::

I laughed out loud.