PDA

View Full Version : Lobes / nodules under tonsil and behind tongue

riversidewalking
08-05-17, 18:37
Hello all,
I do understand that lingual tonsils (as opposed to palatine) can be bumpy.
However my case is the following:

I see a round lobe / nodule hanging by my tonsil, right beneath it. Looks like it's handing by a thread sort to speak.

Beneath it also, I feel bumpy tissue, but that's like on the side under the tonsil (not very easy to see).
That extends inwards, at the base of the tongue which is bumpy again.

People say that the base of the tongue has the lingual tonsils, but what are these round fleshy bumps hanging by my tonsil?

To top it up, when I touch behind the epiglottis, at the base of the tongue, I can feel 2 round nodules quite distinct from the bumpy lymph tissue around them, as they seem bigger and harder.

Any idea? :(

Fishmanpa
08-05-17, 18:45
Other than that's the natural makeup of you mouth and throat area, No... but why are you sticking your fingers down your throat and examining the interior of your mouth? (no doubt with a torch/light).

Positive thoughts

riversidewalking
08-05-17, 18:49
You're right, I'm doing it with a torch.
It just seems to me, as I noted in the other thread, that everything relating to the lymphatic system is enlarging, whether lymph nodes or lymphoid tissue. Just trying to connect things together.

WiredIncorrectly
08-05-17, 18:56
epiglottis

You've been doing far too much Google :p

In all seriousness though, what you're explaining seems perfectly normal. Is it causing you pain and discomfort?

---------- Post added at 18:56 ---------- Previous post was at 18:53 ----------

It just seems to me, as I noted in the other thread, that everything relating to the lymphatic system is enlarging, whether lymph nodes or lymphoid tissue. Just trying to connect things together.

If you have genuine concerns about enlarge nodes, see a doc. But, if you feel your issue is unlikely to worry your doc the chances are you're overthinking this. Slightly enlarged nodes in a certain area on their own are of no medical significance.

Fishmanpa
08-05-17, 19:09

Perception vs. Reality. In order to validate your irrationality, your perception is skewed in order to do so. That being said, poking and prodding as you're doing can and does cause nodes to swell.

Positive thoughts

riversidewalking
08-06-17, 19:44
Here is a photo of the bulbous things growing under the tonsils. They are attached to the wall and also to the tonsil.
Any idea what this is? :(

riversidewalking
09-06-17, 13:26
Any idea please?

Fishmanpa
09-06-17, 14:43
Just go to your doctor. No one here can diagnose from a photo and reassurance is futile.

Good luck and let us know what they say!

Positive thoughts

snowghost57
09-06-17, 14:44
Listen to Fish please!

riversidewalking
09-06-17, 15:30
Listen to Fish please!

You got me worried :( Do you see anything you recognise?

Just go to your doctor. No one here can diagnose from a photo and reassurance is futile.

Good luck and let us know what they say!

Positive thoughts

Fishmanpa you usually try to be more reassuring. Do you see anything odd? :(

Fishmanpa
09-06-17, 16:32
You got me worried :( Do you see anything you recognise? Fishmanpa you usually try to be more reassuring. Do you see anything odd? :(

No... I see someone in the midst of a deep spiral and stuck in the rabbit hole. I see someone engaging in self destructive self examination behaviors. I see someone that no amount of reassurance will help.

Most importantly and concerning, I see someone that needs to see their doctor for two reasons... One, to get the reassurance of a professional and MOST IMPORTANTLY, get help for your anxiety.

Positive thoughts