PDA

View Full Version : Heart Problem fears

GigaB00ts
09-05-17, 00:18
I've been plagued with fears about my heart ever since i was in middle school. My family seemingly has a history of heart related issues, and i keep worrying about them happening to me

I tend to feel my heart beating fast, and i keep thinking that means im gonna have a heart attack. I dont know what it could mean, but feeling my heart beating always makes me feel incredibly nervous.

Is there any way i can stop myself from fearing my own heart without having to go to a doctor? I dont know if anything is actually wrong with me, but my family cant afford too many doctor visits.

Clydesdale Epona
09-05-17, 00:41
I used to have the same issue with mine when I was about 10, I didn't know what anxiety was then just that my heart was really going at me and I was afraid it was heart disease, so was my doctor! But after 5 ECGs and a 24hr one they figured it was my anxiety. I haven't really fixated on it since, I play by the rule that you'd feel it when you have a heart attack.
do you check your pulse when you feel it beating? I used to and its not a helpful habit so if you do try and kick the habit, its likely that it'll just be down to anxiety but if you check the pulse frequently it might make you believe otherwise, that's how anxiety works x

All the best :hugs:

Lane