PDA

View Full Version : Is this just me feeling tired?

reddevil
03-05-07, 11:18
Hello all,

Recently I have been feeling weird ( kind of tired ), while at work.
What is confusing me is that I do not yawn but my eyes want to close.

OBVIOUSLY it has got me thinking negative but I had a full blood count done 4 weeks ago, to rule out one of my other anxiety symtoms, which came back normal. guess i'm focusing on it, which is not helping and I have been taking my amatriptiline much later in the evening.

Can anybody relate to this?

Red

Lissy43
03-05-07, 12:51
It will probably be your medication making you drowsey, am I rignt in thinking they are a tricyclic anti depreassant or am I wrong? when I was on dothiepin which is a tricyclic I was worn out every day and I took mine at night.

I am not on any medication now and im so worn out, my eyes are always heavy, I am not yawning or anything but I just have heavy eyes and I could sleep for england. I was worried and I had a fbc back yesterday which I had done on tuesday and all is ok so I know the tiredness is just from having 3 children, 6 hours sleep a night and anxiety.

bottleblond
03-05-07, 14:19
I feel really tired at the moment! I tend to feel tired when i'm not anxious, it's like not having that huge weight hanging over me, and i just relax, then i want to just nod off to sleep and find it really hard to keep my eyes open, but i have to fight it for my son's sake...Lol either fighting anxiety or fighting sleep! we just can't win eh?

take care
lisa
xxx

reddevil
03-05-07, 14:40
Hi,

The medication is from the depression family of tablets but is used on me to fight anxiety.

I must admit, I have had less to worry about this week, so maybe I am relaxing more, which is making me tired.

I'm very simular, I have six hours sleep a day and work 7 days a week and children to look after in the evenings, while my wife goes out to work, maybe it is not helping me.
Red

Alabasterlyn
03-05-07, 15:00
Hi,

I'm very simular, I have six hours sleep a day and work 7 days a week and children to look after in the evenings, while my wife goes out to work, maybe it is not helping me.
Red

Hi Red, I'm not surprised you are tired if you only have 6hrs sleep a night, work 7 days a week and have children to look after too. I think the fittest person would find that schedule tiring, never mind someone with anxiety.

What time of day are you feeling tired? It's the bodies natural rhythm to feel tired in the afternoon, which is why our more sensible mainland Europeans have an afternoon siesta.

bearcrazy
03-05-07, 15:01
Hi Red Devil,

iam going through a tough time at the moment with tiredness/exhaustion and am desperate fro some tips to hlp me. I am having to take time off regularly at the moment which isnt doing my self esteem any good!

Any ideas anyone?

reddevil
03-05-07, 17:42
Hi Red, I'm not surprised you are tired if you only have 6hrs sleep a night, work 7 days a week and have children to look after too. I think the fittest person would find that schedule tiring, never mind someone with anxiety.

What time of day are you feeling tired? It's the bodies natural rhythm to feel tired in the afternoon, which is why our more sensible mainland Europeans have an afternoon siesta.

Hi,

Well I was up this morning at 6am and got to work for 7am and noticed my eyes feeling heavy around 10am.

Red

looking4answers
08-05-07, 03:48
I feel this a lot..I think most of it is caused by eye strain..also I think sometimes that sweets has this affect too..I assure you that most everybody on here feels this way and that is pretty normal..When you are anxious and depressed the life is just sucked out of you so much that you can help but be tired and sleepy ..but well think about the eye strain and maybe you are eating sweets just before this happens..Sometimes out of the blue Im compelled to lay down and close my eyes like you are speaking of but five minutes later im awake and fine.. I think its emotions mostly so wouldnt worry about it too much.. take care