PDA

View Full Version : Dizziness (PLEASE READ)

NoahsMom
09-05-17, 05:48
I am here for reassurance just like every one else *sigh*

I have recently found that I get bouts of vertigo (or at least I think it's vertigo) that last about 5 seconds

I suddenly get really dizzy and the room feels like it's spinning. Then it stops after a couple of seconds. And I am constantly feeling like I am on a boat (also having a lot of neck pain/tension).... I am extremely terrified that there is an underlying problem that is causing this that will lead to my death if I don't get it checked out. I am scared that I have high cholesterol or something.... I am only 24 but I am about 20 pounds overweight because I just had a baby 6 months ago and I am struggling to lose the baby weight, so I am scared the excess weight is causing health problems..... please anyone if you think it's something serious please let me know I promise I won't go into a panic attack, I am just really concerned..

P.S. I am tapering off Xanax (.5 mg every other day)

maianixon
09-05-17, 08:42
I get the same symptom, I think it's a pretty common anxiety thing or so I've been told

Mello
09-05-17, 09:16
Omg, that boat thing drives me crazy. Cars can make me anxious and when I get out it's like I am stood on a raft. I hate it, but been getting it for over 10 years along with dizziness at times of extreme stress so figured it's one of the weirder symptoms of anxiety.

helenclaire
09-05-17, 11:12
Dizziness is my biggest problem.
I constantly feel like I am leaning to one side or swaying.
It really puts me on edge.
I am terrified I am going to fall over and find myself holding on to things all the time or leaning on things.
It is really hard to believe anxiety can do this.:ohmy: