PDA

View Full Version : Freaking out

Hypomean
09-05-17, 10:08
Im dealing with really bad reflux.
I woke up to a burn esophagus right now I lefted my head from laying sideways to swallow saliva when I felt a click around my throat and then this sort of numbness washed over my whole throat. I tried swallowing again and I felt a pop again.

My heart is going crazy. Holyshitam i dying did my acid reflux just erode my throat??

---------- Post added at 08:53 ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 ----------

I shaking really bad and my left side of the chest hurts.
The shaking would normally cause my lower jaw to tremble and it's not happening what if something bad did just happen??

When I tremble my stomach tightens and the reflux I feel it go up my esophagus and the pain seems to stoop where I felt the click.

---------- Post added at 08:54 ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 ----------

Someone please please respond

---------- Post added at 09:08 ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 ----------

My breathing feels numb if that make sense it just has left everything feeling weird my voice even sounds weird

Mello
09-05-17, 10:23
Go look at the coping section of this site. There is indepth breathing techniques that you will find beneficial. You sound like you are having a rough morning, I completely understand. I wind myself up so much I vomit in a morning am struggling with it today and can honestly say the belly breathing is slowly bring me round. Good luck, keep breathing, don't concentrate on how you feel. Distraction is another vital key.

Hypomean
09-05-17, 14:40
Go look at the coping section of this site. There is indepth breathing techniques that you will find beneficial. You sound like you are having a rough morning, I completely understand. I wind myself up so much I vomit in a morning am struggling with it today and can honestly say the belly breathing is slowly bring me round. Good luck, keep breathing, don't concentrate on how you feel. Distraction is another vital key.

Thank you I did do the breathing and I fell asleep soon after I felt better but for some reason my back of the neck I have numbness and talking I have a hoarse voice. :/

countrygirl
09-05-17, 17:36
Info on acid reflux for you that will hopefully help. It is completely normal to have sore throat and hoarse voice and even a persistant cough with acid reflux as the acid irritates all the throat/voicebox etc. In the short term this is painful but not dangerous.
I assume you are having some treatment for the acid reflux from your Dr? If not then please do visit Dr as I imagine you will know that if untreated for many many years acid reflux can cause longer term problems. When I say many years I literally mean 10+ years not a few weeks!
I have been taking medication for acid reflux due to haitus hernia for 25 years and have no long term effects so it can be controlled and not cause any problems.