PDA

View Full Version : blood and mucus

jaka123
09-05-17, 14:19
Hi, its been a while since ive posted here. Since my last post ive been health anxiety free... until now. Im a 15 y/o male.

Ive been having mucus (yellow residue) with my stool since January. Since that started ive had a stool test (normal) and 2 blood tests (both normal) and a rectal exam (normal) the most recent blood test was on the 21st of April and ive been HA free since then.

Recently (in the last week or so) ive been having a very tiny amount of light blood on the toilet paper after wiping 3 or 4 times. This seems to happen every second day. I decided to google it (i dont know why) and ive now convinced myself (again) that ive got anal cancer. When i wipe it tends to hurt so a fissure would make the most sense, but for some reason i keep worrying.

Im thinking about going back to the doctors but they wouldnt do another blood test and i doubt they would want to do another rectal exam. Im trying to remind myself that ive had the tests done and that its all okay but i keep worrying.

does it sound bad? i don't know what to do anymore.

saf138
09-05-17, 15:13
Sounds like a fissure to me caused by the dryness of the toilet paper and you'd be surprised how common it is and you do usually get a slight burning sensation along with it. Try to get your anxiety sorted because at your age you really don't need to be going through this. All the best