PDA

View Full Version : Facial muscle/tissue loss, really worried 😞

melishaxoxo
09-05-17, 15:41
Over the last couple of months I've noticed my chin area feel weird like as of the muscle and tissue around that area have been feeling soft and almost bony. I didn't think much of it until I noticed my cheeks feel soft and like there's less of it now. I used to have plumpy cheeks but now there's almost nothing 😞 , it seems also to be happening quite rapidly mind you that I've not lost any weight for such a thing to happen, I'm actually overweight. Also under my eye area feels and is starting to look hollow. I'm 30 years old and my face feels less and less chubby and as if the volume even from my lips have dissolved. I almost feel something is eating my tissue and muscle from my face area. It's only happening in my face. My mum also has mentioned to me that my face looks smaller ... I'm really afraid of what's happening as this symptom is quite visible and physical not just in my head. I'm afraid it could be cancer or something else that is irreversible. It's starting to make me look older and I always looked young because of my chubby cheeks but that seems to be gone. Anybody else had this problem? I literally am freaking out because it seems to be going on rapidly and soon I feel like my face will look skeletal!

Fishmanpa
09-05-17, 19:21
There's no such thing as specific weight loss or spot reduction and the like. There would be other signs and areas that would be affected when weight loss is happening but being that we see ourselves every day in the mirror, it's often difficult to discern.

I had cancer and believe me when I say I wasted away during treatment. Close to 70 pounds in just 3-4 months. The result of that and the stress and pounding I took both physically and mentally aged me. I have wrinkles and lines where I didn't before.

Stress will age you but it won't just affect your face. It's apparent you're hyper-focusing. While I'm not a proponent of paid reassurance, if you're that concerned, see a doctor.

Positive thoughts