PDA

View Full Version : Update on my Progress

t0rt01se36
09-05-17, 16:27
This year so far for me, has been a tough one. Mentally, physically and emotionally I have suffered.

My Dad was admitted to hospital, early this year, after being poorly with Cancer, for a long time. I knew what he was suffering, but I didn't know how bad it was. I won't go into details, cos I don't want to trigger off anything for anyone. He spent just over a month in Hospital and I felt bad and still do, for not visiting Dad in Hospital. Glad I talked to him by phone, though and seemed to accept my reasons for not visiting. Those reasons now seem stupid, but I can't let that get me down. The hospital staff did such a brilliant job, looking after my Dad, but because of his low immune system, when he got Pneumonia, his body was too weak to shake off the infection.

I wanted so much to think positively and hope that Dad would recover, even if it would take a long time, but I know how bad Pneumonia can be and I eventually feared the worse.

Sadly Dad passed away and I didn't get to say goodbye, :weep: but am glad I told him that I loved him, which I didn't often do.

I became an Aunt for the second time too.:D

After a couple of weeks of contacting people to let them know Dad had died, I felt so lost. My Anxiety was bad and I didn't know how I'd cope with attending the Funeral. It really kept me going, being told how much people liked and respected my Dad and how much he'll be missed.

The Funeral I didn't attend but was able to have what was supposed to be a secret video call, from the Service. I watched the Hearse and Limo go by, past where I was living and paid my respects that way.

I was still grieving but then I had a stressful time because I planned to move out and had a lot of packing to do.
Moved recently and am so pleased I did.

I'm only just beginning to feel in a good enough headspace this year, to battle through my mental health issues and not hide away.

Try your best to visit someone in hospital, if you need to.
Stay strong.
Tell your family you love them and try to sort out any differences.
Yes it is a stressful time moving, but you'll eventually be glad you did it, if you want to move and you'll feel proud, you've endured a stressful challenge and come out the other side, to hopefully new and happy times.

Onwards and upwards. Watch this space.

snowghost57
09-05-17, 18:05
Sorry to hear about your dad. Death is difficult to deal with. Glad to hear that you are doing well.

bristolzbabi
06-06-17, 04:15
Aww so sorry 2 hear about ur dad Hun my mum was the same it killed her as well cuz chemo had lowered her immune system I'm hear if u need 2 chat

Rick(amateur)
09-06-17, 08:52
Sorry to hear your loss! It's always a terrible feeling when you look back and wondered if you did enough for a loved one before they left. Still, I'm glad you managed to tell him you loved him. I know some people who never got the chance.

Definitely a great thing that you are improving. I hope each month will improve for you.