PDA

View Full Version : Pressure in head

AppleCinnamon
09-05-17, 22:37
I had a panic attack today. What I noticed now but rarely had before is that I felt as if there was suddenly a very high pressure in my head, that seemed to be coming from my neck. My ears literally popped and sound seemed more distant. I also felt my heart rate in my head, but I didn't feel warm. Perhaps this was just similar to a hot flash as adrenaline causes your blood to rush to your head? It lasted for about a minute and it was exactly when the panic reached its highest point. Later today I noticed it again, but didn't feel panicky but still anxious. Anyone felt this before during panic?

poppadr3w
10-05-17, 15:40
Anxiety can manifest in a myriad of different ways on a physical level. From stomach issues to muscle tension to heart palpitations and much more.

I personally have had head pressure, albeit a bit different than what you explain. For me I had pressure on my temples simultaneously that'd also resonate a bit further front and back as well. I've also had some tension in my neck, too.

I think a lot of it has to do with muscle tension due to the anxiety. Muscle tension in the back of the neck can cause tension headaches in many people. Then you must remember that everything is connected, therefore if you have tension in point A, it'll effect another place (point B) where you have tension, etc.

wolfpaw
11-05-17, 12:24
Hi Apple,

What you are experiencing is probably onset tension headaches/migraines. I am intimately familiar with both because I have been diagnosed with them since 2011 except mine are chronic...meaning i wake up with headaches/pressure and end the day with the same one.

All day every day since 2011.

No, you aren't there yet... :)

Im on propranalol which i started eighteen months ago...just had my dose upped to 160mg SR a day to battle morning anxiety.

The only effective way to fight them is to calm yourself down. I find massaging the muscles at the back of my head in slow circles with my finger tips helps a lot. Everybody is different though.

Hopefully its just a one-off but if not, don't suffer in silence like I did. It is easy for others to dismiss it as "just a headache" and make you feel guilty.

If you need help, get it my friend. :)