PDA

View Full Version : Another question

bottleblond
03-05-07, 16:26
Hi all

I have another question. I'll try to put this the best way i can. I think i have found the trigger to most of my attacks. You know when your walking up the stairs, or playing about with the kids etc your heart beats faster coz your doing something! i think this is what triggering my attacks. When i go upstairs, my heart beats a little faster so start to panis coz it's faster and because i'm panicing it gets faster again, which sometimes leads to an attack!it's like my own adrenalin is leading me to panic! is this normal coz i'm starting to worry that maybe something is wrong with my heart and lungs!

I'm really annoyed at myself coz i have been feeling fine today up until now!

love n stuff
Lisa
xxx

Alabasterlyn
03-05-07, 16:35
Hi Lisa, I get like that too. Whenever I go upstairs if I check my pulse I realise my heart is beating a fair bit faster. I'm sure it's quite normal, but I can understand you getting into a panic about it.

I think any exertion is bound to make your heart beat faster as it has to work harder to get the blood around your body. I'm sure you will find that as soon as you sit down and rest your pulse goes back to it's resting rate.

bottleblond
03-05-07, 17:02
it's doesn't happen all the time, probably just when i'm thinking about it...i'll be bringing it on myslef, i jst know it! but i never think like this at the time! i just think s**t here comes another one!!! lol

xxx

angiebaby
03-05-07, 17:04
This is something that sends me into a panic too. I hate the fact that my heart beats faster when i do something and even when i eat something. I have had my dinner, a sandwich and wham, my heart is beating away like billyeo!! I know this is normal, i have done enough research on it, but i hate it and it frightens me. This all started with me, from when they put me on seroxat as that drug makes your heart rate go up and obviously i noticed it. I wasn't on it for very long, weened myself off, but my body remembers the side effects and this is what i am left with.
I know exactly how you feel and this symptom stops me doing all the things that i used to love, even going on holiday!
I totally sympathize on this one.x

bottleblond
03-05-07, 17:11
Thankyou Angie! it's nice to know that other people understand what i'm talking about, makes us feel a little less scared i think when we can all relate like this!!

love Lisa
xxx

belle
03-05-07, 17:12
Hi..

When i was really sick, i would be breathless ALL of the time. I mean i was SO bad when i got to the top of the stairs i would have to lie across the landing because it was that bad. I couldn't do anything without feeling i was going to "run out of breath!". In the mornings when i would get out of bed and go to the toilet that would make me breathless. My heart would be working overtime. I was terrified. I would then have to go and lie back down. I had loads of blood tests, all of which came back "normal". I believe it was just anxiety. At the time i was really pre-occupied with having heart problems.

Have you even woken up in the middle of the night with your heart beating super fast? At 12.31am this morning i woke up from a rather bizarre dream (i was just about to be killed by the Texas Chainsaw Massacre who was infact the newly deceased Rocko from Home and away) my heart was absolutey racing. It wouldn't calm down so in the end i had to get out of bed and distract myself with some "Glitterball" on TV for an hour!!!! Scary.

Useless information...lol

Sarah x

bottleblond
03-05-07, 17:29
Awwwwww Sarah, you poor thing, that's horrible! i hate having nightmares!... believe me, i have had a good few of those in my time! When i was younger i used to get the same one night in night out, it was also about someone trying to kill me. There not so bad now but i do still get them at times too!

I don't watch Home and Away so i don't know who you are talking about but i hope your ok now!

lots a love
Lisa
xxx

groovygranny
03-05-07, 18:11
Hi Lisa

Although I haven't had a full blown PA for ages, it's the adrenalin build up after the rapid heart that would fire me off.

When I was sick my GP told me my body was awash with adrenalin and it would take a while to get rid of. Took about 3 weeks, ugh.

Every time I get that 'tummy flip' and increased heart rate, I tell myself what it is now and just carry on with what I'm doing til it goes.

Seems to be working so far - we'll see, as I have a potential 'Panic Event' trigger on Friday of next week!

:flowers:

nbs1
04-05-07, 13:21
hey bb. sounds very similar to me. i am a very sporty person, who up until i started having panic attacks(3months ago or so), excercised literally every day, whether it be playing football, running or goin to the gym. since i started having the panic attacks i have been unable to do really any excercise at all. i think that the increased heart beat that is of course a COMPLETELY 100% NORMAL part of excercise(even if it is just walking up stairs in your case) sets me off 2 nowadays, where as previously i would not even have thought about it. rationally i no its completely normal but unfortunately at the moment i cnt shake off the ''bad thoughts''. so know that you are not alone, and at the same time try not to worry about it, although that is coming from someone who knows it is far easier said than done! nbs

bottleblond
04-05-07, 13:36
thanks alot guys!! it's just a nightmare at the moment, i'm even scared to have a muck about with my son incase of having an attack in front of him. i'm petrified of this happening although i have sat him down and had a chat to him, ive told him that mums going through this and he's not to worry about it coz it will get better, but i know if i had an actual attack in front of him then he'd get really worried which is making me distance myself from him and i hate myself for it. i suppose i'm just trying to protect him! grrrrrrrrrr i hate this! xxx

Brandy snap
05-05-07, 01:55
I often take my pulse after walking upstairs too! I wait till the clock second hand is on the 12 and do it for 10 seconds then multiply by 6 (to get how many beats a minute in a short space of time) then just to make sure I wait till it is on the 12 again then take it for a whole minute as well! Sometimes the second way is slightly less as it has slowed down a bit by then. Brandy Snap