PDA

View Full Version : My Terrible Story

aslo
10-05-17, 01:07
So I hope this is ok for the forum topic.
In the recent months I was subjected to numerous shocks. The death of my mother, followed shortly by the death of my father. At this time I had a panic inducing extraction at the dentists and he gave me a tramadol. The tramadol caused colitis like symptoms. Next, my wife of over 30 years told me she didn't know if she wanted to stay with me. At this point, all hell broke loose. Panic attacks, the colitis, burning in the feet, god awful palpitations, sour stomach. I cant nap without this horrible nausea waking me up. I'm pretty much in panic all day and night. I take doxepin as an antidepressant, and klonopin .5. I was trying to wean down the klonopin as the withdrawal scares me. So as if all that wasn't enough. I have four or five teeth that need to be extracted. I have been putting that off, but its getting painful. I just cant imagine sitting in the chair feeling like I do. I'm afraid I will have a heart attack, complete breakdown, soil myself etc. I have tried breathing, meditation, many things. I really feel doomed. Its a shame. Any thoughts ?

NervUs
10-05-17, 03:00
You have been through the ringer. I am so sorry. I don't have an answer for you. Maybe you could take an anti anxiety/anti depression med, just until you see the sun pop through the clouds. Plus, the dentist could put you under. You are dealing with a lot!!!! And your wife? That is cold as hell, given you just lost two parents.

aslo
10-05-17, 12:05
Thank you for your thoughts. I am taking doxepin and klonopin. I don't like taking the klonopin though because of withdrawal. People say its a nightmare and I have enough of those already.
I know the dentist can put me out, but of course that thought terrifies me also. With all these symptoms I'm afraid I wont wake up.

Jakemje
23-07-17, 19:23
how long and how much of the doxepin have you been on? I just started this med about 5 days ago and was curious to how long did you feel relief from the anxiety?

nickymvs
23-07-17, 20:35
Hi,
I don't know where in the States you are based, but here in the UK you can find dentists that will give you a sedative or gas and air to help you calm down.
I absolutely get the unbelievable s*** storm that you have been through and that would be enough to trial anyone's levels. I have had different but similarly catastrophic life things happen to me which means any tiny thing now sends me into a complete frenzied state - it's your defence mechanism.

I can tell you this for a fact.

People don't die from tooth extraction. I have MASSIVE dental phobia, but that is factual.

You will be in some level of discomfort for maybe an hour while they do it. But then that's it. It's done. Dental pain is absolutely one of the worst pains to be in. The amount of time you have spent being so stressed and anxious about it has meant that you could have been over and done with but now it's becoming such a huge thing in your mind that you can't face it.

I absolutely PROMISE you, you can do this. You've got this. You've lived through absolute hell. Be kind to yourself okay? And feel free to PM me if you want to chat. I get it.