PDA

View Full Version : Knee ache, worried about DVT

helenhoo
10-05-17, 09:56
I have none of the risk factors but i was on a coach for 2 and a half hours without standing. I have had on and off very mild cramping in my knee and sometimes thigh for last few days. It seems to occur after walking and feels like a mild ache. I found myself reading about DVT and now I'm panicing.

axolotl
10-05-17, 10:00
I think after all this time you know answer to all this. I see you don't post much on here any more. That's great. Don't fall off the wagon.

helenhoo
10-05-17, 10:25
Jusy worrying from anything to Lymph to bone cancer to DVT...

axolotl
10-05-17, 10:27
Jusy worrying from anything to Lymph to bone cancer to DVT...

And you know by now that asking us questions about the specific daft thoughts your anxiety's popping in your head gets you absolutely nowhere.

I gather from another thread you've had a bereavement and I'm very sorry to hear that, and that explains the setback. But you've been really inactive on here recently, for several months, and so you were obviously doing something that helped you. Can you talk us through what was working?

helenhoo
10-05-17, 10:32
I stopped googling and used logic instead. Also, I suffered a (3 week) miscarriage at the start of the year and that really our things into perspective for me. I set myself goals and got myself a few hobbies and kept mysdlf distracted.

MyNameIsTerry
10-05-17, 12:17
So, logically what do you believe is the answer to your question?

And what evidence is there of your fear?

And what evidence is there of the probability when considering how many people travel long journeys every day across the world by road?

I'm sorry to hear you had a miscarriage. :hugs::flowers:

axolotl
10-05-17, 12:24
I stopped googling and used logic instead. Also, I suffered a (3 week) miscarriage at the start of the year and that really our things into perspective for me. I set myself goals and got myself a few hobbies and kept mysdlf distracted.

Oh dear, really sorry to hear you've had all this stuff to deal with.

But you see what I mean about not giving in to posting your old-style "symptom" posts? They'll do you no good. And it sounds like you had some good strategies there, and as hard it is you need to stick at them, as hard as that may be with things going on in your life. Did you come to them yourself or have professional help? You may need that help to get you back on the "straight and narrow", I don't think it's in our power here to do that.

If I'm honest I always thought being on here was very unhealthy for you and was preventing you getting better, as you used it in a very destructive way, and I sometimes feel bad about my part perpetuating your posting by replying to your "fears". I know more about anxiety now and how bad this can be for people. It sounds like you only got better once you stopped. It's not up to me to tell you what to post and what not to, but I'd recommend that part of your strategy should be to not post here, at the very least not in the HA forums.

You'll get the same reply from me for every symptom post you make, whatever it may be about, but it's not coming from a mean place.

Good luck.

ScaredLizard
10-05-17, 22:36

I'm sorry for your loss :hugs:

Have you let yourself grieve? Not allowing yourself to grieve and cry can definitely make anxiety worse. I've been there done that.

helenhoo
11-05-17, 20:57
Still have on and off aching today since saturday

---------- Post added at 20:57 ---------- Previous post was at 17:56 ----------

sorry to bump im just looking for anyone who has had similar aches?

Gary A
11-05-17, 21:06
Everyone gets aches and pains in their legs. Why would yours be any different?

helenhoo
11-05-17, 21:13
its because it's been a few days now.

Phuzella
11-05-17, 21:37
People are saying they're sorry for your loss. Maybe acknowledge them??

helenhoo
11-05-17, 21:40
I have, Im extremely grateful

Gary A
11-05-17, 22:32
its because it's been a few days now.

So what? Some people suffer muscular and skeletal pains for years.

helenhoo
12-05-17, 00:32
just about to go to sleep and i remembered a story about a young girl who has leg pain and died of a clot a week later.

realistically i dont smoke, don't take the pill (for a year now) I'm not on blood thinner, i'm 26, slim and there's no redness swelling or warmth BUT its the fact its here four almost five days later. One leg; around knee and up thigh.

ChildOfTheKing
12-05-17, 01:13
First of all, very sorry for the miscarriage and praying for you & your family.

We all get aches & pains in our legs and sitting for two hours wouldn't be the reason for getting a DVT. We sleep for 8 or sometimes more hours in our bed and hardly move and nothing happens right?

helenhoo
12-05-17, 09:23
Thabks for your condolence.

I still have the mild ache today! ugh.

---------- Post added at 09:23 ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 ----------

its around my thigh; doesn't heard to stand on or when i walk/bend it.

axolotl
12-05-17, 09:38
Thabks for your condolence.

I still have the mild ache today! ugh.

---------- Post added at 09:23 ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 ----------

its around my thigh; doesn't heard to stand on or when i walk/bend it.

Come on, please, enough.

Gary A
12-05-17, 11:53
You have absolutely no reason to believe you have a clot or DVT or anything even remotely sinister but you ask for reassurance anyway, you get the reassurance, ignore it, and then ask again.

Enough.

Fishmanpa
12-05-17, 13:14

With the utmost respect because it's very traumatic either way, I recall a thread that's since been deleted by admin that was about you making a conscious choice about your pregnancy. It caused quite a reaction.

I suggested to another member to re-visit past threads to see the pattern of your posts. It would behoove you to do so as they clearly illustrate the pattern of anxiety in your posts as well as the reactions of members due to that pattern.

Good luck

Positive thoughts

helenhoo
12-05-17, 18:46
It was a very sensitive subject. I paniced and shouldn't have posted on here. I decided (before it is my choice) that i was ready but sadly I lost it. All within a matter of days. I felt horrible and guilty that my indecision was to blame.

MyNameIsTerry
13-05-17, 02:25
It was a very sensitive subject. I paniced and shouldn't have posted on here. I decided (before it is my choice) that i was ready but sadly I lost it. All within a matter of days. I felt horrible and guilty that my indecision was to blame.

There's no need to explain. I remember that thread too...