PDA

View Full Version : I'm done.

belle
03-05-07, 17:28
Just had some fabulous news (NOT!).

Recently went to the dentists for a check up and because of not going for yonks, i need A LOT of work done. I was refered to a sedation clinic 7 miles from where i am and i could just about cope with that. NOW i have been told that "due to the change in law", that clinic is no longer taking new paitents and i am being refered to the next nearest clinic which is 50 freaking miles away!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

I haven't travelled 50 miles in......oh.........10 years! There is no way in the world i could do that (at the moment).

Why is everything in my world just falling apart????
I'm SO ready to throw in the towel.
Simply cannot cope with anymore cr*p.
This is just another blow i DID NOT need to deal with.

Sarah

A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO I ASKED MY EX IF THERE WAS ANY WORK GOING AT MY OLD JOB. I COULD GET TO THERE BECAUSE ITS 2 MINUTES AWAY. HE ASKED AND THERE WAS A RECEPTIONISTS POSITION GOING AND THEY WOULD SPEAK TO ME SOON. WITHIN THE LAST 5 MINUTES, MY EX CALLED AND SAID THAT HE SAW THE MD TODAY SHOWING A GIRL AROUND THE OFFICES WHEN MY EX ASKED ABOUT IT, HE SAID SHE WAS STARTING NEXT WEEK.

HE HAD FORGOTTEN ALL ABOUT ME ENQUIRING ABOUT THE JOB!!!!!!!!! THE MD DID APOLOGISE TO MY EX, DOESN'T HELP ME THOUGH, DOES IT?

THATS THE ICING ON MY CAKE OF CR*P!

clickaway
03-05-07, 17:46
Sarah hun,

50 miles would throw me too, BUT, what could I do if the chips were down for a special event? At present 7 miles is about my limit too. But I'm aware that in special circumstances I would push the barrier given adequate support. Remember, we can't do the distance because of how we think; you have the physical ability to do it.

Two years ago I was driven 70 miles to see my aunt in hospital and it was hell for the whole journey and back, but I survived. I so wanted to see her and my cousins. And last year I travelled from London to Brussels on the train - this was even more hellish as I was much further away, in a different country and felt I was going to collapse walking in the city. But I didn't and a year later I am still here!

I think its important that you feel comfortable being sedated. If you do and see it as a positive solution, then focus on that to get you through!

Remember, after the trauma of a 50 mile trip, you will be in safe hands and will soon feel no pain at all!

Hugs

honeybee
03-05-07, 17:50
hey sarah... could your mum go with you???

honeybee
03-05-07, 17:51
i think you should try your hardest to go... it mighht be a positive thing... ross went to america and now he's looking for jobs, before hand he was house bound... try and go and see if someone can go with yoiu

bottleblond
03-05-07, 17:55
Sarah

I seriously understand this one, my teeth are in a right nick at the moment and i STILL can't go the the dentist and he's only 5 minutes. There is no way i could do the 50 mile thing either!

someone told me on here that if you contact your local community health dentist, they will come to you rather than you have to go to them! and it's all free!

chin up toots
lots a love
Lisa
xxx

belle
03-05-07, 18:16
My mum would have to go with me because of the sedation, but even she won't drive that far!

So, thats 3 cr*p things in as many weeks.

1. Can't get therapy for 18 months
2. Can't get my teeth done
3. Stupid MD hired someone else!!!!!!!!

Karen
03-05-07, 19:46
Hi Sarah

I feel for you with the dental problem as my teeth are in a bit of a state too. Could your husband take you?

I hope you sort something out :hugs:

Karen xx

belle
03-05-07, 20:12
Hi Karen,
No unfortunately he doesn't drive :(
Sarah x

clickaway
03-05-07, 21:52
Sarah,

I have been speaking to a friend who had similar problems, and her psychiatrist got the hospital dentist to do the treatment.

If you are not under a psychiatrist, why not go to your GP and explain the situation - ask for a direct referral to the hospital dentist.

Hugs

emma.usher2@ntlworld
03-05-07, 23:01
i know exactly what you are going through, i have been referred to the sedation clinic in luton and i am worried sick about going, (i live 60 miles away) i have found that focusing on my fear of treatment takes away the fear of the journey! I am taking my fiance and making him drive with loud music so i don't think too much about what's going on or where i am. What happens when i get there is thier problem, i take no responsibility for my state!! Don't know if it works for you but i find keeping myself occupied on the journey a help, music, sweets, counting caravans, anything to take your mind off the present. All the best hun. Emma.