PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some advice and say hi to everyone as new here

Gardener89
10-05-17, 11:48
Hi everyone, I recently went to the doctors after suffering what I assumed to be anxiety for a couple of years. At first I wasn't sure what it was but I'd be at work or such and would feel dizzy and lightheaded almost like I'd collapse then it would just go away. Sometimes it would last a few minutes sometimes up to a day. It wasn't until I had what I realised was a full on panic attack that I googled what I was going through. Ive had 3 or 4 full on panic attacks in the past 6 months. I finally went to the doctor recently as I was starting to not want to leave the house and missing work and cancelling activities.
I was put on 10mg of citalopram and have been taking it for two weeks. Ive only managed 3 of those days to go to work. And the past couple of days find it difficult to stay awake. I read a lot online about the medication and I know it takes a while to get the full effects but also noticed most people go up to 20mg after the first week. Should I get a doctors appointment and see if it's wise to up my dose? Or just stick it out for now?
I have so many things coming up this summer and have already had to cancel a lot of things like music concerts etc and just getting worried about the whole situation.

Bigboyuk
10-05-17, 12:07
Hi Gardener89 I think it is wise to go back to your dr, but not necessarily to change your dose but to look at other avenues like therapy too the 2 can go hand in hand, and compliment each other HTH :) Cheers