PDA

View Full Version : Twitching

Lucy1978
10-05-17, 12:26
Hi my name is Lucy. A couple of weeks ago, I had burning in foot and then up legs went to ED, said I was fine. Probably stress.
Next couple of weeks had tingling, electrical shocks. Initially convinced myself I had a brain tumor. This is not true.
Had a couple of twitches on the morning of last Friday, just before a Neurologist exam, googled and saw MND. PANICKED!!!!! Didn't think much of them, so didn't mention them in exam. Neurologist said I was fine, no MND etc.
After nearly giving myself a nervous breakdown over weekend, went back to ED and another neurologist examined me. He said I was perfectly healthy. To ignore the twitching and no further testing needed as I was fine.
But I still think I have MND. Really depressed and taking toll on family. My twitching is all over, but I feel more in left arm, which aches and my wrist is sore. Absolutely terrified. Anyone else fearing the twitching???????:

poppadr3w
10-05-17, 14:07
Are you on any medication (antidepressants)? The extra Serotonin that is generated in the body can cause twitches in the body. I have had them frequently and even get them now. At first they freaked me out, but I've honestly gotten used to them over the years. I don't exactly like them, but it isn't a cause for panic like I had originally thought them to be.

Two other reasons my doctor told me that people may get twitches (and as I type this I just got one in my right calf lol): Dehydration and low levels of the micronutrient Magnesium. A lot of people have issues with body. People often do not drink adequate amounts of water throughout the day these days, as people are often opting for coffee or energy drinks to get through the fatigue many people suffer with today due to burnout, stress, etc. Magnesium is a very important micronutrient that is responsible for many chemical reactions in the body, and many people are deficient in it due to diet. It's a rather cheap supplement that can be found in health food stores or online. I believe the best version of Magnesium is Citrate. Magnesium also has a calming effect in many people, which is why the powder supplement called "Calm" - a powder you mix with water, tea, etc. - is quite popular among those with anxiety.