PDA

View Full Version : Twitching terror

Lucy1978
10-05-17, 13:00
Twitching
Hi my name is Lucy. A couple of weeks ago, I had burning in foot and then up legs went to ED, said I was fine. Probably stress.
Next couple of weeks had tingling, electrical shocks. Initially convinced myself I had a brain tumor. This is not true.
Had a couple of twitches on the morning of last Friday, just before a Neurologist exam, googled and saw MND. PANICKED!!!!! Didn't think much of them, so didn't mention them in exam. Neurologist said I was fine, no MND etc.
After nearly giving myself a nervous breakdown over weekend, went back to ED and another neurologist examined me. He said I was perfectly healthy. To ignore the twitching and no further testing needed as I was fine.
But I still think I have MND. Really depressed and taking toll on family. My twitching is all over, but I feel more in left arm, which aches and my wrist is sore. Absolutely terrified. Anyone else fearing the twitching???????:

venusbluejeans
10-05-17, 13:07
Hiya Lucy1978 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Cobblers161
10-05-17, 16:33
Hi Lucy,

I've had twitchy legs for about 4 years now which were getting progressively, slowly, worse.

The twitch moved from legs, to stomach and eventually around my eye. My doc suggested a magnesiusm deficiency so have taken supplements and its calmed down a lot.

I'm awaiting a further blood test relating to the twitching and will let you know how it goes.

S