PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Dowahdiddy
10-05-17, 14:01
Hi everyone, I've just joined. I've suffered with anxiety on and off for most of my life. I'm 40! It started off as separation anxiety when I was little at nursery, then throughout my school life( anxiety ruled so I couldn't concentrate then was scared I'd get told off), and twenties I suppose it was about feeling trapped in a situation that I was unhappy with (relationships, jobs etc.) or not feeling good enough? I've been on low dose of citalopram for about 8 solid years and every thing has been going well . I decided to join today because my boyfriend is very unhappy at work and I feel so anxious for him I hardly slept last night and had to use the loo several times. One half of me is saying you'll get through it, you have done before, get up and do something like read your book, go for a walk. and then the other half of me has negative what if's going round and round in my head, keeps me sitting on the sofa huffing and puffing and my stomach somersaulting

venusbluejeans
10-05-17, 14:12
Hiya Dowahdiddy and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: