PDA

View Full Version : Oral cancer.......

Cocobro1015
10-05-17, 15:40
Well, back at it again I guess.

About a week and a half ago I noticed the back of my cheek hurt when I smiled. I'm a teeth grinder and cheek biter so I figured that was that. There was a small irritated area near the pain site but nothing else. It gradually got better but Saturday I noticed a very small soft lump and a more scar tissue like area adjeacent to it it doesn't hurt anymore but it doesn't seem like the little lump is going away and I keep biting it :( I was just coming down from another HA scare and my dentist called to remind me I had a cleaning. I went in yesterday and the dentist and hygienist said it looks like my wisdom teeth are biting my cheek but they referred me for a consultation to get the wisdom teeth out and said they wanted the oral surgeon to look at that spot too :( now I think the worst of course even though I know it's not likely. I'm 23 don't smoke, and I'm not a heavy drinker.
Also since the summer when I started teaching/giving presentations my voice seems to have gotten raspier (my mom and fiancé deny this) and I had been putting it down to that but now I think it's related to the cheek sore or throats cancer :( ugh why can't these cycles just stop.

I would greatly appreciate some friendly reassurance :hugs: I'm mostly down in the dumps cuz this has been my worst ha episode, just one thing after another I feel stuck

missykat
10-05-17, 16:14
Your dentist would of spotted something sinister like oral cancer for sure they are trained to spot those things too . So be reassured.

lily1
10-05-17, 20:39
Hi,

I'm going through a similar thing so I know how you feel.

I'm sure you will be fine and your age is on your side too x