PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from California !!

ladyinblack
10-05-17, 21:38
Hi all -
I'm a newbie here. Found this site randomly while researching the medication I'm using currently.

So, I've always dealt with anxiety. I got on medication for it almost 10 years ago. It changed my life and I had little to no side effects. I actually found this website while researching hair loss associated to the medication I'm taking. It's not listed as a side effect, but apparently lots of people are experiencing it.

I've discovered that gluten was making me tired and sluggish, and was also contributing to my acne, mood instability, etc. Since I removed gluten from my diet, I no longer have acne... incredible, huh? I've been focusing more and more on making myself healthy instead of trying to fix the specific issues (i.e. root cause vs symptoms). I have energy again, my moods are stable, and so forth.

Anxiety still plays a huge role and I'm in the process of incorporating yoga, meditation, and fitness to help alleviate that (it works I just get lazy or tell myself I don't have time). I am also going to be decreasing my medication.

Looking forward to being a part of the community - thanks for having me!

Thanks,
Sjr

venusbluejeans
10-05-17, 21:45
Hiya ladyinblack and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: