PDA

View Full Version : Bladder fears...maybe unwarranted?

lAkeshimmy2112
11-05-17, 00:06
Hello everyone! This is my first post. I've lately been struggling with severe health anxiety following reoccurring bladder infections. I've been prone to them for most of my life, just like the other women in my family. I finished a course of antibiotics four days ago and although I feel mostly better, I'm plagued with worry that there's still something wrong. I notice I still can't drink coffee or anything with caffeine, and that I am peeing a lot when I do (of course, now that I've established this connection, I don't go near anything that could have a diuretic effect). I've seen three doctors. No one thinks I have IC based on my symptoms and yet I keep obsessing that they're wrong, that this fear I have is a gut instinct, I almost went so far as to schedule an appointment with a fourth doctor. This is all because I'm experiencing residual inflammation three days after I finished antibiotics, which my mom, who has had bladder infections since the age of six, said is normal, and my doctors said is normal. As you can imagine, the only doctor I believe is Dr. Google, and I'm really struggling to just let this go and avoid food that irritates me for a little while. Has anyone here had a similar experience? Do you have any tips for self control?

tantopat
11-05-17, 01:02
Might asking your doctor for more of an explanation help? I find that often, learning how the biology behind it works seems to help me feel calmer about my health. As for the possibility of this being something else, if three different doctors have all seen you and come out with the same answer, I think it's safe to say that it's the definitive one. :) Bladder infections are never nice (us girls are prone to them in my family too) but it's highly doubtful at this point that it's anything more. Perhaps try setting yourself a challenge to not google your symptoms for a few hours at a time, and reward yourself for each successful attempt. You'll get there in time!