PDA

View Full Version : Im worried that slight lightheadedness could lead to Sudden Cardiac Arrest

anxietygalore22
11-05-17, 02:41
For the last 2 weeks Ive had slight bouts of lightheadedness throughout the day.
Ive recently stopped taking the antidepressant Mirtazapine and had a bad cold 3 weeks ago. My doctor thinks the dizziness is still inflammed sinuses from my cold and maybe a bit of withdrawal from the antidepressants.
I, however, have a massive health anxiety about dropping dead suddenly from Sudden Cardiac Arrest and have read that lightheadedness can be a symptom of impending SCA in the weeks before it.
Im a 30 year old female, i quit smoking 3 years ago and I have a physical job and exercise for an hour 4 days a week. I know im not a high risk for SCA but doctors miss things and SCA can strike ANYONE!
I cant sleep or function properly thinking Im going to drop dead at any minute.
I should also mention that Ive had 2 ECGs (normal), good cholesterol and have had blood tests for heart disease done (normal).
Please Help!

Nzxt27
11-05-17, 02:58
I am going through the same type fears with my heart. I've had 4ekg's lots of blood test and no family history of heart diease.

I was just at doctors today and had a EKG done. It was normal. P

---------- Post added at 01:58 ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 ----------

For the last 2 weeks Ive had slight bouts of lightheadedness throughout the day.
Ive recently stopped taking the antidepressant Mirtazapine and had a bad cold 3 weeks ago. My doctor thinks the dizziness is still inflammed sinuses from my cold and maybe a bit of withdrawal from the antidepressants.
I, however, have a massive health anxiety about dropping dead suddenly from Sudden Cardiac Arrest and have read that lightheadedness can be a symptom of impending SCA in the weeks before it.
Im a 30 year old female, i quit smoking 3 years ago and I have a physical job and exercise for an hour 4 days a week. I know im not a high risk for SCA but doctors miss things and SCA can strike ANYONE!
I cant sleep or function properly thinking Im going to drop dead at any minute.
I should also mention that Ive had 2 ECGs (normal), good cholesterol and have had blood tests for heart disease done (normal).
Please Help!

Also normal ekg's should be a good sign being sca is due to electrical part of the heart. And ekg's are mainly used to test that part.

Hypomean
11-05-17, 05:56
I too fear a sudden cardiac arrest death.

But

I also suffer from random bouts of light headedness for years and still I haven't dropped dead (knock on wood) I have ear problems and I have tense neck muscles (doctor told me even this can cause lightheaded) and I just brush it off to that. There are hundreds of non deadly things that can be causing the lightheadedness, your doctor for example told you your sinuses could be the culprit. Stick with it, try your best to keep it there on that cause and so. You'll forget about the SCA.