PDA

View Full Version : Hi from South Africa

CharmaineD
11-05-17, 16:47
Hi, discovered this forum while searching for something related and feel it is maybe a good idea to join and talk to others who might be having the same problems.
I have suffered from anxiety my entire life and had therapy which has helped me deal with day to day living. Now and again though something throws me off a bit and I find myself in a difficult place.
I am currently not on any medication but considering going on again after a few years and I feel my anxiety is beginning to get the better of me.
Have somehow managed to be a wife and mother for the past 20 years without my family really being aware of my anxiety. I deal with it internally mostly.
When my youngest child was very young he was almost kidnapped at a local mall, I struggled for a long time to deal with that and not be over protective of him. The last thing I want is my children to grow up with an over anxious mother like I did and want them to enjoy their lives without constant fear.
Thanks for letting me join

venusbluejeans
11-05-17, 16:55
Hiya CharmaineD and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: