PDA

View Full Version : Getting really anxious about a function

Tiggs
04-05-07, 09:48
I have a dinner to attend tonight & it's the first one since having a slight 'wibble' at the last function I attended. I'm sitting here getting myself all worked up, my stomach is churning, been to the loo more times than I can count & I feel sick. I really want to go & enjoy myself, but I'm just so worried I'll have a 'wibble' & show either myself or my hubby up. (Sat here in tears now) It's a sit down meal for approx 80 people & I won't really be able to get up if I feel sick/faint or need to go to the loo. My doctor perscribed me some beta blockers as they are supposed to calm you down, but can make you feel a little light headed if you get up too quickly - I don't want to take one as part of my wibble is feeling lightheaded & that I'm going to faint! I also have Diazepam (which I take for flying). I can take one of those, but then I'm zombie like & feel sleepy (not good when you have to talk to people!) I'm going to try & practise my EFT, but it doesn't seem to do any good (well not for me).
I have a hypnotherapy session next week & I can't wait - I just wish it were today. sometime i just wish I could go hide in a cave & never come out.

Tiggs
-x-

nomorepanic
04-05-07, 19:31
Have you gone yet? If so hope it went well.

honeybee3939
04-05-07, 19:45
Hope you managed the function Tiggs, let is know how things went.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

Wenjoy
05-05-07, 09:27
How did it go???
Let us know - we are all our here ready to help and support you
Love wenjoy x

Tiggs
05-05-07, 10:41
Well I did it - didn't enjoy it too much as I had some t**t (who should have known better) molesting me half of the evening & I eventually told him to get his hands off of me. His fiancee was sitting opposite me as well but seemed oblivious to the fact. He was drunk as a skunk so that didn't help, but apart from that, I coped ok - AM REALLY PROUD OF MYSELF (just wanted to shout it from the roof!!!)
I did some deep breathing before we went & mingled & that seemed to help, plus my hubby stayed by my side, which really helped. Also the table we sat on was near the exit, so I knew I could sneak out if I needed to - really feel like I've made a huge step.

Tiggs
-x-

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter

honeybee3939
05-05-07, 10:49
Ohh Tiggs

Thats wonderful news !!!

So pleased you made it! WELL DONE !!!

Onwards and upwards for you now, proud of you hun !!

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

Jaco45er
05-05-07, 10:50
Well done :)

Next time, take some anti-t spray ;)

I get all worked up before formal type functions, especially if its a sit down dinner, but usually afterwards on reflection its was worrying over nothing and I usually enjoy the night.

Jaco

trac67
05-05-07, 11:54
Well done, you did brilliant :hugs:

Onwards and upwards from now on :D

Love

Trac xx

SANDYJANE
05-05-07, 14:34
well done , im so happy for you.

love sandy xx

Scarlett77
05-05-07, 16:21
Hi Tiggs,

Congrats! You did really well. Sorry you had some t**t hassling you though - that's the last thing you needed. Take care and hope you continue doing brilliantly,

Scarlett x

Dave777
05-05-07, 20:15
Hi Tiggs, I know these social occassions can be so difficult.
Generally I find it is never as bad as you think, very often you have a good time.
I too have problems with flying, having to travel, to Italy by train:blush:

anyway, well done you:) xx