PDA

View Full Version : Day 23 of HA recovery

Chawk384
11-05-17, 19:15
Today is day 23 of working on my anxiety- I have been on medication for 23 days and have seen a counselor twice. Overall I would say I am doing well. I still have moments that are bad and I have had two very mild panic attacks since I started treatment but I was able to manage them without having to leave work which is huge for me.

Symptoms that have gone away since I started treating my anxiety are:
-numbness in my face, hands, and feet
- sensation like I am on a boat
- not being able to fall asleep
-racing thoughts
-constantly thinking about my health

Symptoms that still remain
- mild heart palpitations

Another thing I have been doing is listening to ASMR videos on YouTube, they are very relaxing and help me fall asleep quickly. The next thing on my list is to start working out and to eat better. Like I said I still have bad moments but they are becoming more and more mangable by the day. I am functioning much better in my day to day life. My mind feels more at ease. I am trying to take things slow because I don't want to overwhelm myself. I have not had to take a Xanax in 13 days, which feels amazing. I have even been able to grocery shop and attended my son's preschool graduation without any panic attacks.

tantopat
11-05-17, 20:50
Aww, I'm so glad to hear that things are improving for you! :D I'm looking forward to the day when my referral to a therapist finally gets to the front of the waiting list and I can start saying the same... Keep going, and good luck! You're doing great!

Emmaisworried
11-05-17, 23:41
Fantastic! Well done. Keep going. Be prepared for blips along the way but recognise them for what they are - short term dips that can be worked through.