PDA

View Full Version : Sinus acting up?

GlazedOwl
11-05-17, 19:32
I tried calling my clinic today about this but sadly the reception didn't pick up the call. For the last maybe half a week or so, the left side of my face is going a bit all over the place :doh: It started one morning with my left eye feeling very sort of...dry? But it's not really dry, it just sort of feels like it, it's not irritated by anything and it's not red. The bridge of my nose feels irritated and I get tingles or slight pains on the left side of my nose/nostril. There was pain in my left cheekbone, travelling to my top teeth and to my back molars; the pain from the cheek also went slightly above my eye and into my temple/left side of head. This morning I woke up, eye still feeling sort of the same, but my left cheek has been burning since then, and it's redder than the other.

Of course my HA is instantly screaming YEP YOU HAVE SINUS CANCER OH NO!! Could this be something else though? I think this might be a sinus infection, but I don't have any congestion, my nose is actually very dry, I do have post nasal drip but it's been there for more than a year for a yet undiagnosed reason; and there's not that much of it anyway. I don't have any official allergies apart from slight reaction to dustmites. Is it worth trying to speak to a doctor or nurse again tomorrow or do I watch and wait as difficult as it is with HA?

EDIT: in the morning with the whole burning cheek thing, it also felt slightly numb. Not numb like dentist level numb, just ever so slightly.

GlazedOwl
12-05-17, 11:14
Called my surgery who told me to go to the pharmacy first. Went there, told them everything I know, they think it might be a neuralgia problem and to speak to a doctor. Call the surgery and they offer me an appointment in 5 minutes when the surgery is half an hour away and I only asked for a telephone call to save time. Absolutely useless and now my health anxiety is creeping back in! Anyone have any advice?