PDA

View Full Version : Inhaled cleaner on accident!!

Hypomean
12-05-17, 05:29
I was cleaning my stove top with this cleaner call ZEP stainless steal professional strength :
http://www.zepcommercial.com/product/Stainless-Steel-Cleaner
I sprayed it on a towel and then I bent down, when I bent down I happened to put my face in the area where I sprayed and I also happened to take a deep breath in and I got a lung full of the mist. On the can it says avoid inhaling the mist and vapors. It's petroleum based. And something else d - something. I am freaking out my lungs are irritated enough with my acid reflux and to get a lung full of this stuff :(.
What should I do?!

MyNameIsTerry
12-05-17, 08:14
I've never seen that product before but I've often inhaled the mist off general purpose polish with no issues, and I have asthma.

If inhaling it were a real problem I would expect the label to say "if inhaled seek medical assistance" as they do on chemical labels about ingestion or getting it in your eyes.

They may just put that on the label because of the idiots that use aerosol cans like recreational drugs.

If it was an irritant, and in the required volume in the space it is in to irritate, then you would know pretty quickly from the coughing & burning. Reactions like that are normally quick.