PDA

View Full Version : Still worrying after ECG...

pepperutchie
12-05-17, 10:49
Two days ago i went to ER because i am having a very heavy chest front and back and its not going away for minutes they checked my bp and it was high 160/100 i feel very sick and hot all over especially my face they checked my oxygen also but didnt say anything the dr listened to my heart and had a checked on my abdomen aswell ,i was sitting there and told them i do have anxiety so i was given iterax and then had the ecg, i sat there for another 30 mins and then the gp finally saw me she told me ecg is normal and maybe come and see my gp to have some blood test and further checked if there is a heart problem. And as a person suffering from Health anxiety i was never at peace since then, as i continue to have symptoms in my chest and found myself crying i feel so many sensation in my chest. I just dont know what to do. Pleasi need someone to talk iam very down at the moment

axolotl
12-05-17, 11:14
Two days ago i went to ER because i am having a very heavy chest front and back and its not going away for minutes they checked my bp and it was high 160/100 i feel very sick and hot all over especially my face they checked my oxygen also but didnt say anything the dr listened to my heart and had a checked on my abdomen aswell ,i was sitting there and told them i do have anxiety so i was given iterax and then had the ecg, i sat there for another 30 mins and then the gp finally saw me she told me ecg is normal and maybe come and see my gp to have some blood test and further checked if there is a heart problem. And as a person suffering from Health anxiety i was never at peace since then, as i continue to have symptoms in my chest and found myself crying i feel so many sensation in my chest. I just dont know what to do. Pleasi need someone to talk iam very down at the moment

You have to trust them, this kind of stuff is bread and butter to them and they know what they're doing, and they've taken it seriously and done the necessary tests.

My first recent HA spiral was because I had chest pains and high heart rate, which at one point got me so worried I thought I was about to die. I completely understand how scary it is. But once I accepted the reassurance they subsided. These kind of things are very common with anxiety, and when you first experience them it's really hard to believe that something so alarming can be caused by "just" anxiety - but they are, and they're self-perpetuating as the more scared you get, the worst the symptoms get. You've done the right thing getting new symptoms checked out in that area, but doctors wouldn't have sent you home if they were in any bit worried. Please accept the doctors' results - they really know they're talking about, and anxiety can cause some truly unpleasant symptoms.

Hahneclipse73
12-05-17, 13:48
Ive been going through something pretty simalar for the past 7 days now. It started as a tingling in my abdomen then on day three it went to the middle of my chest and was a tingling, tightness, ticklish feeling. Since then its been my left chest getting extremely tight where I keep getting concerned and want to run to the doctor. It goes slightly up my left arm ocassionally too. But ive seen my doctor 3 times, carsiologist 2, got 3 ekgs, ecg, blood test a few months back, etc. It seems that a lot of people deal with chest tightness from anxiety. Its so scary yo deal with, what I've tried when I get it is I run around or get extremely active to prove myelf that if it was my heart I'd fsint or feel awful.