PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else have trouble recognising when they are anxious?

Yoga*Lover
12-05-17, 16:39
Hi guys!

Just wondering if anyone else has trouble recognizing when they are feeling anxious? I've been feeling a little on edge for most of the day as I'm currently having a 24 hour heart monitor.
I can feel my heart pounding, my chest feels tight and I feel like I'm clenching all my muscles. I'm not having a panic attack but I have that anxious butterflies in stomach feeling.
My biggest issue right now is knowing whether I'm actually having anxiety or whether the physical symptoms I'm experiencing are due to an underlying health issue. I'm constantly aware of my heart and have been having episodes of tachycardia, which have almost always been caused by panic.
I just find myself asking whether I am actually anxious.

:) xx

Hahneclipse73
12-05-17, 20:04
I am constantly anxious and I never even knew it. Tense when driving, shaky sometimes, dizzy spells, not being able to say what I want in nervous situations, fast heartbeat, exasperated, etc. I assumed that was just how I was until I had a panic attack over a month ago. Then I looked back and realized...wow... that was all because of this thing called "anxiety" that I suddenly find out I have. What you have now sounds like me a few weeks ago after having panic attacks. Had a heartbeat of like 100 for a few days and tensioning muscles. Even now I dont feel anxious but after a ecoptic beat last Friday and a lot of nervousness from it.. I have had butterflies in my abdomen, center of chest, now my left chest is very tight constantly. If I really just try and sit down and relax it goes away. Then I stand up and its there again, unless I'm extremely distracted which is hard to do when feeling something like this...