PDA

View Full Version : Lump/Growth In Mouth Could This Be Cancer

Darren O
12-05-17, 18:51
Hi

I have this Lump/Growth in mouth, Its as far back as the uvula but at the bottom in front of where your tonsils are (I had my tonsils taken out when I was younger) I noticed it a few months back but thought nothing of it as I think I have another small one (guessing it the same thing) on the other side in the same spot. The other day I noticed it has grown larger. Its not giving me any pain or bleeding which I know of but its playing big time on my mind. I know theres no medical experts here but was wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this before or has any ideas? Im booked in the dentist for Monday afternoon but pulling my hair out until then with worry. Are then tonsils located behind this? Does anyone else have this? I have attached a picture Any help is appreciated.

http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n611/mufcmad1999/IMG_8811.png

Thanks

Darren

Fishmanpa
12-05-17, 18:57
A glimpse into Darren O Caverns... nice stalactite ;)

Let us know what the dentist says.

Positive thoughts

roseanxiety
14-05-17, 11:24
It's probably nothing . But it's so far back in your mouth/throat, maybe you should see an ENT instead of a dentist? I think a dentist will just refer you to someone else . Is it sore at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catherine S
14-05-17, 11:52
Please please people, stop asking us to diagnose you, we cannot know what's bad and what isn't, only your doctor can tell you this. I've lost count of the number of people who use the forum like a consultation appointment. We are anxiety and depression sufferers and we give great advice about anxiety and depression, but we cannot and should not attempt to diagnose anybody.

Even if there are medically trained people on the forum, it's not their job to diagnose anybody, they aren't on the forum for that purpose, they are here as fellow sufferers so shouldn't feel compelled to make a diagnosis either.

No disrespect to anybody in particular, but we are seeing these posts more and more. Only a doctor can advise you about spots, boils, bruises, moles & freckles, marks, dents and any kind of blemish. Photos do not help us because we don't know what's normal for your body, only you...and your doctors.. know this.

Hopefully all is well with you Darren.

ISB ☺

Darren O
16-05-17, 05:58
Please please people, stop asking us to diagnose you, we cannot know what's bad and what isn't, only your doctor can tell you this. I've lost count of the number of people who use the forum like a consultation appointment. We are anxiety and depression sufferers and we give great advice about anxiety and depression, but we cannot and should not attempt to diagnose anybody.

Even if there are medically trained people on the forum, it's not their job to diagnose anybody, they aren't on the forum for that purpose, they are here as fellow sufferers so shouldn't feel compelled to make a diagnosis either.

No disrespect to anybody in particular, but we are seeing these posts more and more. Only a doctor can advise you about spots, boils, bruises, moles & freckles, marks, dents and any kind of blemish. Photos do not help us because we don't know what's normal for your body, only you...and your doctors.. know this.

Hopefully all is well with you Darren.

ISB ☺

Hi,

I'm sorry I didn't mean to use this forum for a diagnosis as a such as I know this is down to the experts only. I was looking to hear of some happy outcomes people may have experienced, just trying to put my anxiety at ease. It's just my way of asking for help.

Went to dentist yesterday, no idea what it is and being referred within 2 weeks for tests etc.

Regards

Darren

Fireblade900
14-03-18, 00:20
Hi
Did you ever get a diagnosis?
I have a similar lump.
Thanks!
Nick