PDA

View Full Version : Going to the doctor

kmm111
12-05-17, 20:21
I am surprised to see how many on here go to (at least call for an appt.) the doctor as soon as they have a health problem. I am the opposite! I am so afraid of doctors and tests (especially x-rays, MRIs and CT scans). Even if I have a legitimate problem, I will put off calling my doctor and each day feel guilty for doing so, thinking that I am only allowing my problem to get worse.
I guess I am just so scared that my worry will become reality, even though that doesn't make sense because I'd only be helping myself if I caught it earlier rather than later.
Is anyone else terrified to even call for an appointment?

laura1988
12-05-17, 20:27
I feel the same way! Putoff checking for lumps and bumps so i dont have to have that feeling of dread!
Xxx

Mello
12-05-17, 20:27
Yes, yes and yes. Actually went to the dr on Monday, had something I couldn't ignore but the usual deal is I just worry about things until they go away. Useful eh? I think I am terrified of an incidental finding so I just don't go. Plus I live in the UK and have a constant guilt about the state of the NHS. I worry I will make it worse if I start going with every symptom I think I exhibit!

walkerbull
13-05-17, 03:14
Yes, yes and yes. Actually went to the dr on Monday, had something I couldn't ignore but the usual deal is I just worry about things until they go away. Useful eh? I think I am terrified of an incidental finding so I just don't go. Plus I live in the UK and have a constant guilt about the state of the NHS. I worry I will make it worse if I start going with every symptom I think I exhibit!

I thought your PM was pledging billions more?, or is that just election tripe?

Catherine S
13-05-17, 03:29
We have to get through the election process yet in June WalkerB, then see if our PM...whomever that will be, carries those pledges through. Politicians eh? Pfft! First post of yours I've seen where you're focused on something other than your ailments and miseries. Well done you.

ISB

walkerbull
13-05-17, 03:54
BWe have to get through the election process yet in June WalkerB, then see if our PM...whomever that will be, carries those pledges through. Politicians eh? Pfft! First post of yours I've seen where you're focused on something other than your ailments and miseries. Well done you.

ISB

Yeah haha, I have been pretty upbeat for the last day or two. Apart from a few twitches they aren't as persistent.

As for the political side, there is an election campaign happening in NZ too. Our equivalent of the Tory Party (National Party) would probably be considered Lib Dem by comparison, are throwing money around to catch Labour voters.

Catherine S
13-05-17, 03:57
It seems to be very uncertain times across the world :unsure:

ISB ☺

walkerbull
13-05-17, 04:01
It seems to be very uncertain times across the world :unsure:

ISB ☺

Yes, indeed. I heard there is 71,000 people coming to NZ yearly (out of a population of 4,7 million), from mostly trouble spots, Europe (UK), Germany, USA, China, India, etc. The Ministry of Immigration can't cope, though most of my interactions with immigrants are pretty positive. We have a points system so we don't get ones who don't contribute.

Weasley123
13-05-17, 22:26
I don't go to Dr ever for routine stuff. I'm 39 with a gyno but no pcp. I've had 2 physicals in my life I have had my cholesterol and stuff checked at health faurs