PDA

View Full Version : Motion sickness?

tillyyy
12-05-17, 21:31
Earlier today I went in the car (back seat, grandparents driving) for around an hour. on the way my stomach felt a little weird, but nothing too serious. I'm the way back however, my stomach felt 'odd' and my head was hurting. I was nauseus aswell. I've never been car sick before or been prone to motion sickness (boats, trains aeroplanes & no sickness) so I was wondering if I could have suddenly become car sick? Or whether it was just my anxiety going into overdrive as I'm emetophobic and sometimes worry about motion sickness. As soon as i got inside i started shaking like a leaf. My head is still hurting (just took some pain releif which will hopefully work). I'm very anxious that I will be ill or vomit the to my syptoms earlier, either tonight or when I wake up. Sorry for the long post, I'm quite anxious about it.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 20:31 ---------- Previous post was at 20:28 ----------

Also, my grandparents car is also extrememly hot which may cause my anxiety to rise.

Clydesdale Epona
13-05-17, 05:46
Motion sickness can happen to anyone at any time, I used to have it as a child as now it has returned.
anxiety can play a huge part in it alongside heat, I find I get really sick if its particularly hot, have you tried travel sickness tablets? :) x

All the best :hugs:

tillyyy
13-05-17, 11:01
Motion sickness can happen to anyone at any time, I used to have it as a child as now it has returned.
anxiety can play a huge part in it alongside heat, I find I get really sick if its particularly hot, have you tried travel sickness tablets? :) x

All the best :hugs:
I haven't tried any yet, but ill have to get some if I keep getting nausea. Thanks x

ScaredLizard
13-05-17, 15:15
Motion sickness sucks. I have a child who has it. I have to make sure she's not on a tablet or reading or anything while we are driving. One time I had to pull over so she could get sick out of the car. It was miserable. Definitely look at motion sickness tablets. Also sometimes even just sucking on a hard sweet can help

tillyyy
13-05-17, 19:33
Motion sickness sucks. I have a child who has it. I have to make sure she's not on a tablet or reading or anything while we are driving. One time I had to pull over so she could get sick out of the car. It was miserable. Definitely look at motion sickness tablets. Also sometimes even just sucking on a hard sweet can help
Okay thanks!