PDA

View Full Version : Lost again

Megan99
13-05-17, 04:23
Does anyone ever feel like they lost themselves? Like they are not what they were before, but merely a bunch of things mashed up together, all there to please others and hope they like you? I don't know what I really like. I don't even feel like I have a life anymore.

Bee84
13-05-17, 07:36
We get told what to like, eat, wear, think, feel and who to be based on our race, class, gender and all of that. Its so limiting. Of course we need to preserve the good traits of each culture/group but doing something that doesn't feel right to the individual is just never gonna work and isn't good for the group anyway.

When I got beyond puberty, mentally I became responsible for my thoughts and constructing an identity... I didn't have a clue. So they became disorganized and stayed that way all through my 20s and could still be traces of this through my 30s, 40s and beyond. When catering to outside praise, you lose who you are each second. You can't do both. If you remain the same you'll be safe but possibly miserable. If you drop the mask some people will try to stop you from being the real you. You may need to face some fears and defend yourself to friends and family.

I don't know what other people are like... Like how is it to be "normal?" I mean healthy at a high standard. I used to think my problems were unique. Now I think the majority of people are kinda screwed up and it's just some are coping a bit better than others. I'd love to paint a healthy picture for my life but feel most definitely blocked! I think most are too.

Do you mean negative memories when you say mashed together? Do you mean you are craving an authentic you, a blank slate with no beliefs or muddled up thinking? Do you know which beliefs stand in your way?