PDA

View Full Version : Pic Test

Bigboyuk
13-05-17, 12:59
Hi Iam trying this as a test but if there is a easier way rather than typing out the long URL in a post please let me know Thanks :) www.nomorepanic.co.uk/attachment.php?attachementid=3033&id=1494675214 (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/attachment.php?attachementid=3033&id=1494675214)

---------- Post added at 12:59 ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 ----------

Even the darn link doesn't work it would be nice if the process could be made easier though. I I uploaded it easy to my gallery but from there it becomes quite frustraiting to say the least.

Bigboyuk
13-05-17, 13:11
Hmm Ok well that way worked and seen a few attached that way in other members posts, that was quite easy once the post was posted then click Edit Post and using the paper clip icon in Advanced, then save changes :) But how do you get a pic displayed in a post when you view the post think I will get the hang of it though ;) Cheers

MyNameIsTerry
13-05-17, 15:01
You're nearly there. Now copy the pic Web address, click Insert Image and paste It in.

Then you get:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=3034&d=1494676877

:yesyes:

Bigboyuk
13-05-17, 15:28
Ok Can you say step by step how I get there? For Eg: lets say the image is one of the tabs on the address bar and the address is in the address field what do I do from there and the post I am inserting it does it have to be already posted first then edit post BTW this wont be from the gallery on NMP as the images aren't displayed like my first successful image which has to be clicked on to show the image. Copy and paste instructions will be required. I have pics of my dog I want to share with the forum. They aren't on my SD card as yet but on my phone so that's another hurdle to get over it's a Samsung Galaxy S4 c mini Yes I will need to put the SD card back in my phone but not sure how to transfer some of the pics over from my phone back on to the SD card any one know?? Cheers

MyNameIsTerry
13-05-17, 15:53
If you have a tab or window open with the image in:

1) highlight the address
2) copy it (mouse or keyboard keys)
3) go to the post you have already made & use Edit Or post a new message, it works for either
4) click on Insert Image
5) paste the Web address in to the box that pops up. On a phone you might get the box turning full size on your screen when you click but still do the paste. Remember to blank out anything that is there first as it always brings up a HTTP command.
6) click off it. It leaves the pasted Web address highlighted and it's very easy to delete it without realising. So, click somewhere else on the post to deselect it
7) finish the post by posting it or completing the edit.

The whole process works the same in PM too.

As for getting them between SD card and phone, your phone might have a copy setting for this. But what I do is plug my phone into a laptop. You usually need a program to access Samsung phones in Windows but Samsung Kies does this. One word of advice though, Kies is a very ropey program and it's hard using it to transfer. But as long as you've downloaded, installed and opened it once, you can use Windows with it's normal copy paste functions as now it can see the phone in My Computer. Without Kies, it can't pick it up. Stupid I know.

Bigboyuk
13-05-17, 16:53
If you have a tab or window open with the image in:

1) highlight the address
2) copy it (mouse or keyboard keys)
3) go to the post you have already made & use Edit Or post a new message, it works for either
4) click on Insert Image
5) paste the Web address in to the box that pops up. On a phone you might get the box turning full size on your screen when you click but still do the paste. Remember to blank out anything that is there first as it always brings up a HTTP command.
6) click off it. It leaves the pasted Web address highlighted and it's very easy to delete it without realising. So, click somewhere else on the post to deselect it
7) finish the post by posting it or completing the edit.

The whole process works the same in PM too.

As for getting them between SD card and phone, your phone might have a copy setting for this. But what I do is plug my phone into a laptop. You usually need a program to access Samsung phones in Windows but Samsung Kies does this. One word of advice though, Kies is a very ropey program and it's hard using it to transfer. But as long as you've downloaded, installed and opened it once, you can use Windows with it's normal copy paste functions as now it can see the phone in My Computer. Without Kies, it can't pick it up. Stupid I know. Thanks that a lot clearer question on no 2
I have a tracker pad and a left key and right key so what happens in that case? and question 4. Click on Insert Image will this be a on screen prompt or use the insert button on the keyboard next to F12? I will check my phone settings and wont be using that Kies programme that does sound a bit of hand full lol Plus there is only one mini usb skt till I can get multi skt adaptor for my pc stick :) Yes think I will get there in the end though Eventually :) Cheers

MyNameIsTerry
13-05-17, 16:59
For 2) you can left click on the Web address to highlight it, then right click and select copy. Or highlight it with the left click and press Ctrl+C on your keyboard.

Then you paste you use your right click and select paste or on the keyboard it's Ctrl+V.

For 4) it's a button on the forum. Further to the right of the B I U buttons above where you are typing your post. It looks like a mountain with a sun on a yellow background.

Bigboyuk
13-05-17, 18:09
For 2) you can left click on the Web address to highlight it, then right click and select copy. Or highlight it with the left click and press Ctrl+C on your keyboard.

Then you paste you use your right click and select paste or on the keyboard it's Ctrl+V.

For 4) it's a button on the forum. Further to the right of the B I U buttons above where you are typing your post. It looks like a mountain with a sun on a yellow background. Ok Got that so will have a play around on the test forum tomorrow as I have a visitor calling a short while so that will make a welcome change to me sitting in on my own :) Will do some testing tomorrow Thanks again for your help Finally I can get some pics up at last, what could possibly go wrong!! Cheers

Hollow
25-06-17, 14:40
Google (https://www.google.co.uk)

Bigboyuk
25-06-17, 14:50
I haven't felt like looking at this problem but Terry did provide so very good info on this for me got too many problems at the m to even try to get a pic on here but will do soon Cheers

Hollow
25-06-17, 15:16
I haven't felt like looking at this problem but Terry did provide so very good info on this for me got too many problems at the m to even try to get a pic on here but will do soon Cheers

I was actually testing something else, making a link appear as text so when you click on the text it opens a link.

Posting a pic from the internet is actually pretty simple, i'm not sure about uploading pics from the phone/laptop etc.

Bigboyuk
25-06-17, 15:52
I was actually testing something else, making a link appear as text so when you click on the text it opens a link.

Posting a pic from the internet is actually pretty simple, i'm not sure about uploading pics from the phone/laptop etc.Ahh sorry yes there are 2 ways the traditional way www.google.co.uk (http://www.google.co.uk) or the way you did it :) Hmm yes posting pics can be easy, but can still cause a problem and I find some times a bit fiddly Like on pc with a sd card that's connected you have 2 drives to select from 1. C drive. 2. D Drive then copy and paste it can be a tad confusing Manage Attachments button on Advance Posts and paper clip icon at the top of a message so no real straight tot forward click on a photo click to post to post a pic, if only it was that easy :) Cheers

MyNameIsTerry
25-06-17, 16:01

Posting a pic from the internet is actually pretty simple, i'm not sure about uploading pics from the phone/laptop etc.

There's a hyperlink button in the Advanced Post option.

For uploading, see what I posted earlierin the thread which explains it. You just have to upload to NMP first then post the attachment as a Web address which it gives you when you open the image.

Fiddly at first. Dead simple once you've done it.

---------- Post added at 16:01 ---------- Previous post was at 15:58 ----------

Ahh sorry yes there are 2 ways the traditional way www.google.co.uk (http://www.google.co.uk) or the way you did it :) Hmm yes posting pics can be easy, but can still cause a problem and I find some times a bit fiddly Like on pc with a sd card that's connected you have 2 drives to select from 1. C drive. 2. D Drive then copy and paste it can be a tad confusing Manage Attachments button on Advance Posts and paper clip icon at the top of a message so no real straight tot forward click on a photo click to post to post a pic, if only it was that easy :) Cheers

You've just got to get into Attachments first. Once there it is assigned a page address that you can put into Insert Image so it works like any other pic on the net.

Even if you posted straight from the net you would need to upload it to something like ImageBucket first anyway.

Bigboyuk
25-06-17, 16:11
There's a hyperlink button in the Advanced Post option.

For uploading, see what I posted earlierin the thread which explains it. You just have to upload to NMP first then post the attachment as a Web address which it gives you when you open the image.

Fiddly at first. Dead simple once you've done it.

---------- Post added at 16:01 ---------- Previous post was at 15:58 ----------

You've just got to get into Attachments first. Once there it is assigned a page address that you can put into Insert Image so it works like any other pic on the net.

Even if you posted straight from the net you would need to upload it to something like ImageBucket first anyway. Sure but if the pics are on your C/D Drive then presume you cut out the middle man like Imagebucket?
Iam sure I got a image up in this thread with out copy and past think it was via the paper clip icon too and not Manage Attachments? Will have to get used to it if I want to post some pics :) Cheers

MyNameIsTerry
25-06-17, 16:18
You won't get it on here without Manage Attachments. The Insert Image function only takes a Web address.

You have to remember that unless you load an image onto the website's server, it would simply disappear the minute you logged off. And would you want something accessing your hard drive continually to display an image?

With ImageBucket & co it's just giving you a medium to upload from an offline source and keep it there. You can then post it anywhere on the net. Uploading to NMP means uploading it to the forums server for use only on here.

If it's on your C/D, you need a middleman. In this case it's the NMP host server.

When Helenhoo takes pictures of her moles she goes to a service like ImageBucket to upload her photos. Then she pastes either a Web link in her thread or uses Insert Image to paste the link into so the pic shows in her thread.

That's what you are trying to do accept using the NMP option. She could have done that too and then her images wouldn't be all across the Internet for anyone to see.

Bigboyuk
25-06-17, 16:31
Well Here goes ahh see image

MyNameIsTerry
25-06-17, 16:37
Well Here goes ahh see image

Nearly. Now open mine up using the quote function and see what I did to get the final step in.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=3086&d=1498404316

:yesyes:

Bigboyuk
25-06-17, 16:39
another pic

MyNameIsTerry
25-06-17, 16:44
another pic

You're just missing the final step. Open up my last post and you will see it.

Sometimes pics are really large. What I would do is resize a copy on my PC and then upload that instead. It's easy enough to do in a program like MS Paint.

Bigboyuk
26-06-17, 11:09
You're just missing the final step. Open up my last post and you will see it.

Sometimes pics are really large. What I would do is resize a copy on my PC and then upload that instead. It's easy enough to do in a program like MS Paint. I did open up your last post, and all that was there was the image. Ok I did try another way get the image I want off my pc so it becomes a separate tab highlited it (blue) then right click and hold and 4 options on screen Copy/Paste some thing else then Paste And Go not sure what that last one does? Ok what I am trying to avoid is typing in to a post the image URL Sure it's not too long winded and managed to get the image click on in 2 posts on here it's getting the image in a post to show. As for resizing a image within the DCIM window I believe there options to resize them, the other thing is while the thumbnails are in focus, when viewing the image (larger) in a new window they are out of focus, is there any way I can tweak they using the pc to make them clearer? Takes a bit of practice I guess :) Cheers

Hollow
26-06-17, 11:42
I did open up your last post, and all that was there was the image. Ok I did try another way get the image I want off my pc so it becomes a separate tab highlited it (blue) then right click and hold and 4 options on screen Copy/Paste some thing else then Paste And Go not sure what that last one does? Ok what I am trying to avoid is typing in to a post the image URL Sure it's not too long winded and managed to get the image click on in 2 posts on here it's getting the image in a post to show. As for resizing a image within the DCIM window I believe there options to resize them, the other thing is while the thumbnails are in focus, when viewing the image (larger) in a new window they are out of focus, is there any way I can tweak they using the pc to make them clearer? Takes a bit of practice I guess :) Cheers

When you have finished uploading the image using the attachment button, Can you right click on the name of the uploaded image and see the option "copy link address"? This will copy that image link then you can paste that link in the Insert Image part and it hopefully should display the image in your post.

MyNameIsTerry
26-06-17, 12:32
When you have finished uploading the image using the attachment button, Can you right click on the name of the uploaded image and see the option "copy link address"? This will copy that image link then you can paste that link in the Insert Image part and it hopefully should display the image in your post.

Yes, the Web address inside image tags is all that's needed. It gets assigned an attachment ID so you have to open it up in the Attachments menu.

Dave, when you opened my post all you saw were image tags surrounding a Web address. That's the final step. You've successfully uploaded it otherwise I couldn't have done it for you.

---------- Post added at 12:32 ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 ----------

If you punch this into any post it will show as an image:

[IMG]http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=3086&d=1498404316[/IMG ]

But take out the space between "[/IMG" & "]" which I inserted to get the code show up.

Now it has an attachment ID you will also see it in your Attachments menu in your UserCP.

Bigboyuk
26-06-17, 13:07
When you have finished uploading the image using the attachment button, Can you right click on the name of the uploaded image and see the option "copy link address"? This will copy that image link then you can paste that link in the Insert Image part and it hopefully should display the image in your post. Yes can see that option, where does it copy to though? cause from where ever it gets copied to I then need to paste in to a post? Cheers

MyNameIsTerry
26-06-17, 13:12
Yes can see that option, where does it copy to though? cause from where ever it gets copied to I then need to paste in to a post? Cheers

Attachments menu. You click on the uploaded image and a new window opens which gives you the Web address.

Bigboyuk
26-06-17, 13:21
Yes, the Web address inside image tags is all that's needed. It gets assigned an attachment ID so you have to open it up in the Attachments menu.

Dave, when you opened my post all you saw were image tags surrounding a Web address. That's the final step. You've successfully uploaded it otherwise I couldn't have done it for you.

---------- Post added at 12:32 ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 ----------

[IMG]http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=3086&d=1498404316[/IMG ]

But take out the space between "[/IMG" & "]" which I inserted to get the code show up.

Now it has an attachment ID you will also see it in your Attachments menu in your UserCP. Terry no all I saw was the displayed image even when quote was clicked no text was displayed. The only time I get that when the image address is shown in the address bar and that has several options when highlighted and right clicked on. So getting there but still stuck :) Cheers

Hollow
26-06-17, 13:24
Yes can see that option, where does it copy to though? cause from where ever it gets copied to I then need to paste in to a post? Cheers

It gets copied to clipboard, yes paste it into a post and it should display the image.

MyNameIsTerry
26-06-17, 13:38
Terry no all I saw was the displayed image even when quote was clicked no text was displayed. The only time I get that when the image address is shown in the address bar and that has several options when highlighted and right clicked on. So getting there but still stuck :) Cheers

When the image address can be seen in your address bar, you shove inside those image tags I mentioned. That's just the same as attaching any image from Google or anywhere else.

Like I said, you've uploaded it to your Attachments successfully or else I couldn't have posted your image. I suggest you go into that menu and see it there, click on the blue writing to open it and then you copy that Web address and paste it into Insert Image on a post.

---------- Post added at 13:38 ---------- Previous post was at 13:34 ----------

Now it has an attachment ID you will also see it in your Attachments menu in your UserCP.

▲▲▲ If you do that, the image shows. Try it.

Then try it from Attachments, which is where you do it whenever you have uploaded.

Bigboyuk
26-06-17, 13:46
It gets copied to clipboard, yes paste it into a post and it should display the image. Ok next question where is the clip board located on my pc? Once I find that then I paste in to a post This sounds a bit easier than Terry's suggestion in inserting these image tags that have to be typed in at either end? Oh BTW I have checked in Manage Attachments and the image (not displayed) is still there and says Image 0008.jpg I right clicked and got 4 options I clicked on Copy so it's finding the clip board one would think once it's copied over by right clicking on Image 0008.jpg again, you would have a option to go to clip board but it's not that simple ahh Cheers

Hollow
26-06-17, 13:56
Ok next question where is the clip board located on my pc? Once I find that then I paste in to a post This sounds a bit easier than Terry's suggestion in inserting these image tags that have to be typed in at either end? Oh BTW I have checked in Manage Attachments and the image (not displayed) is still there and says Image 0008.jpg I right clicked and got 4 options I clicked on Copy so it's finding the clip board one would think once it's copied over by right clicking on Image 0008.jpg again, you would have a option to go to clip board but it's not that simple ahh Cheers

You can't see the clipboard, it just saves whatever you copy so you can paste it anywhere like notepad, word etc.

Once you have copied the link using the "copy link address" close that window. Then click on Insert Image, delete the http:// part that is already in there. Right click and paste that link and it should work.

MyNameIsTerry
26-06-17, 14:03
You can't see the clipboard, it just saves whatever you copy so you can paste it anywhere like notepad, word etc.

Once you have copied the link using the "copy link address" close that window. Then click on Insert Image, delete the http:// part that is already in there. Right click and paste that link and it shouldn't work.

That's the same way I'm saying to do it. I just used left click & copy/paste instead.

I've found sometimes the image still doesn't show but opening it first seemed to sort that out.

Dave, this is about the forum, not your PC. The way it works is because of forum design.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=19140

---------- Post added at 14:03 ---------- Previous post was at 14:00 ----------

And no you don't type image tags, you click the Insert Image button.

Bigboyuk
26-06-17, 14:04
When the image address can be seen in your address bar, you shove inside those image tags I mentioned. That's just the same as attaching any image from Google or anywhere else.

Like I said, you've uploaded it to your Attachments successfully or else I couldn't have posted your image. I suggest you go into that menu and see it there, click on the blue writing to open it and then you copy that Web address and paste it into Insert Image on a post.

---------- Post added at 13:38 ---------- Previous post was at 13:34 ----------

▲▲▲ If you do that, the image shows. Try it.

Then try it from Attachments, which is where you do it whenever you have uploaded. Yes I understand that Terry and when on the manage attachments page its there is text form Image 0008.jpg the same text is also in my CP under attachments but it's also in text form. In Manage Attachments there is a empty field that you can type in stuff actually I am trying to get round typing in the long url with [IMG------------[IMG] at each end is this possible, isn't that what Copy&Paste is used for? Please bear with me ahh Cheers

MyNameIsTerry
26-06-17, 14:10
Yes I understand that Terry and when on the manage attachments page its there is text form Image 0008.jpg the same text is also in my CP under attachments but it's also in text form. In Manage Attachments there is a empty field that you can type in stuff actually I am trying to get round typing in the long url with [IMG------------[IMG] at each end is this possible, isn't that what Copy&Paste is used for? Please bear with me ahh Cheers

Posts are crossing a bit.

Tags are represented as buttons on here for convenience so you don't need to type them in. As long as your Javascript is enabled, the forum buttons will work fine.

It's the same when you press Quote, it inserts the tags for you. Just in this case you press the Insert Image button.

You are nearly there. It's just a fiddly process that should be a bit more user friendly.

Bigboyuk
26-06-17, 14:27
IE
That's the same way I'm saying to do it. I just used left click & copy/paste instead.

I've found sometimes the image still doesn't show but opening it first seemed to sort that out.

Dave, this is about the forum, not your PC. The way it works is because of forum design.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=19140

---------- Post added at 14:03 ---------- Previous post was at 14:00 ----------

And no you don't type image tags, you click the Insert Image button. Talk about baby steps lol right ok I clicked on the insert image icon I get a message saying that this site (NMP) uses dialogue that requires you to open IE on Desk Top Open or Close options on the screen so obviously you click on Open but why do I need to open desk top? So I haven't selected Open as yet just left it ahh technology eh never straight forward

---------- Post added at 14:27 ---------- Previous post was at 14:18 ----------

Posts are crossing a bit.

Tags are represented as buttons on here for convenience so you don't need to type them in. As long as your Javascript is enabled, the forum buttons will work fine.

It's the same when you press Quote, it inserts the tags for you. Just in this case you press the Insert Image button.

You are nearly there. It's just a fiddly process that should be a bit more user friendly. They are Terry Yes JS is enabled as All forum buttons do work so good to go :) It is quite fiddly is this due to the FTP? One would think it would be made more user friendly though. One other thing when browsing the images to select one to copy they are on a different page to the DCIM page where I have 84 images on D drive when uploading to the forum I am taken not to my full list (84) of images but another single page with well under 84 images cant see a next page button or icon though, so had a look at DCIM D drive and can right click any image with options like Copy so I would obviously select Copy then follow the other steps :)Edit so open IE in Desk Top another window appears get VB message saying type in image address but I have already Copied a image on to the clip board so wont the Image URL be auto typed in the VB window? Ahh Cheers

MyNameIsTerry
26-06-17, 14:41
I've used 3 laptops with Windows XP, Vista and 10 plus two different versions of Android and never seen that. It just pops up the link window with HTTP in that you need to delete out before pasting.

What operating system are you using?

---------- Post added at 14:38 ---------- Previous post was at 14:34 ----------

Clicking to open the file browser when you want an image (when you clicked browse) should just use your computer's operating system. So, if using Windows it will bring up a box with file names/icons in and then you have to navigate to the right drive/folder from there. This bit is nothing to do with the forum, it's how your computer already looks for files manually and works the same offline.

If it opens a folder where the images aren't there, you just navigate to the right place.

---------- Post added at 14:41 ---------- Previous post was at 14:38 ----------

No, you're not copying, you're uploading. Like I said, it's about forum constraints. You left click the file to select it.

If you copy an image from an offline source, it wouldn't be there once you logged off. This is why you need to upload to an online source first whether that is the NMP server or a third party like PhotoBucket.

Bigboyuk
26-06-17, 14:50
I've used 3 laptops with Windows XP, Vista and 10 plus two different versions of Android and never seen that. It just pops up the link window with HTTP in that you need to delete out before pasting.

What operating system are you using?

---------- Post added at 14:38 ---------- Previous post was at 14:34 ----------

Clicking to open the file browser when you want an image (when you clicked browse) should just use your computer's operating system. So, if using Windows it will bring up a box with file names/icons in and then you have to navigate to the right drive/folder from there. This bit is nothing to do with the forum, it's how your computer already looks for files manually and works the same offline.

If it opens a folder where the images aren't there, you just navigate to the right place. OS is WIndows 8.1Right ok yes when I opened IE On Desk top the new window appeared then clicked on Insert Image and up came VB With a text field with http:// already there you say delete that bit and just click on ok or save or what ever it is, do you get a choice EG: Say I have copied 4 different images to the clip board will I be given a choice to choose from or does the clip board only store one image at a time, wouldn't have thought so? RIght going to get the VB prompt on the screen and delete http:// and see what happens. Cheers

---------- Post added at 14:49 ---------- Previous post was at 14:46 ----------

Test:

---------- Post added at 14:50 ---------- Previous post was at 14:49 ----------

Test: Very strange deleted the http: bit so field was totally blank clicked on Ok then saved post it asked me to put at least one character before I could post so typed Test and no pic Damn it Don't forget I have already copied the Image 0008.jpg first so annoying ahh Cheers

MyNameIsTerry
26-06-17, 14:58
OS is WIndows 8.1Right ok yes when I opened IE On Desk top the new window appeared then clicked on Insert Image and up came VB With a text field with http:// already there you say delete that bit and just click on ok or save or what ever it is, do you get a choice EG: Say I have copied 4 different images to the clip board will I be given a choice to choose from or does the clip board only store one image at a time, wouldn't have thought so? RIght going to get the VB prompt on the screen and delete http:// and see what happens. Cheers

---------- Post added at 14:49 ---------- Previous post was at 14:46 ----------

Test:

IE? Then you clicked Insert Image? Not sure what you are doing there. Are to still trying to upload an image? If so, you clicked Manage Attachments in Advanced Post then you should have used the browse for file, left click on file to bring up the name in the bar and then hit upload. Or are you trying to attach a Web address in there? If so, that's a waste of time, that's not what you are trying to do.

Choice? No, it just asks you to type in a Web address. Nothing more. I think you need to get this final step right before you get into more advanced things.

---------- Post added at 14:58 ---------- Previous post was at 14:55 ----------

Test: Very strange deleted the http: bit so field was totally blank clicked on Ok then saved post it asked me to put at least one character before I could post so typed Test and no pic Damn it Don't forget I have already copied the Image 0008.jpg first so annoying ahh Cheers

You delete out what's there and replace it with the Web address for your pic. Then you click ok.

Bigboyuk
26-06-17, 16:21
IE? Then you clicked Insert Image? Not sure what you are doing there. Are to still trying to upload an image? If so, you clicked Manage Attachments in Advanced Post then you should have used the browse for file, left click on file to bring up the name in the bar and then hit upload. Or are you trying to attach a Web address in there? If so, that's a waste of time, that's not what you are trying to do.

Choice? No, it just asks you to type in a Web address. Nothing more. I think you need to get this final step right before you get into more advanced things.

---------- Post added at 14:58 ---------- Previous post was at 14:55 ----------

You delete out what's there and replace it with the Web address for your pic. Then you click ok. Terry already have got past uploaded (that's the easy part) as said the Image 0008.jpg is in 2 places on NMP Manage Attachments page and on my CP under attachments I right click in either place and the first option(Copy) is what I select so that's now on the clip board, then open up IE (browser) on desk top as requested by a message on the screen from NMP I didn't really want to have to type in the address of the image thought it was going to be easier than that would have thought after copying a image eg: 0008.jpg I could paste it directly in the box where the http: is after I delete the http: but obviously you cant it's too long winded Like I say the first bit uploading is easy very easy after that it's a pain. Cheers

MyNameIsTerry
26-06-17, 17:37
The upload assigns an address, Insert Image opens the address inside a box for you as a displayed image.

In Insert Image you just post the link address for the attachment. That's only one button click longer than inserting a link to another website. :shrug:

If you don't want to do this, use a third party hosting site but you will still have to upload your images to it and then use Insert Image on here (copy/paste may work then as well).

It's only a bugbear when you're learning how to use it. After that it's dead quick.

---------- Post added at 17:18 ---------- Previous post was at 17:16 ----------

Here's that second image:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=3087&d=1498405048

That's a quick process to me because I've done it before. It was messy when I first tried it.

But if you can't get that fair with it, so we can see an image, something is wrong in the process.

---------- Post added at 17:24 ---------- Previous post was at 17:18 ----------

I'm not sure why you are having to open up IE on your desktop. What browser are you using?

Forget right clicking and messing around with the clipboard for now. First try left clicking so it opens up the image in a new tab/window the copy the Web address. Then go back to the post and click Insert Image, delete the text already there and paste the Web address in, click on. Then click elsewhere on the screen as it's easy to delete the address again otherwise as it remains highlighted in the post you are typing (I've done that loads my mistake).

If we can see It works, then experiment with the right click stuff. It's different in Android browsers but the opening of the image to copy the Web address works that's why I tend to go with it first as it's almost the same in Windows in that respect.

If all you get is a little box, that's a separate problem that I've also had and found a way around. But otherwise you should have an image displayed in the post.

Out of interest, how do you post pics off somewhere like Google Images? With link address or copy/pasting images with right clicking?

---------- Post added at 17:32 ---------- Previous post was at 17:24 ----------

And before you try any of that, can you tell us what happens if you are in Attachments and left click of the name of the image (the blue link).

---------- Post added at 17:37 ---------- Previous post was at 17:32 ----------

Another test. Can you obtain the Web address from my link and then paste it & click ok in the Insert Image function?

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=2368&d=1432446431

Bigboyuk
26-06-17, 19:12
Terry I am using IE Browser and the reason (I don't have choice on this regarding the desk top) I am using the desk top is because I am asked to do so as it says on the bottom of the screen this site NMP uses dialogues that require Internet Explore on the desk top. 2 options on screen Open Desk Top, or Close You try it on your Windows device and see if you get the same screen message. Iam going to have one more go using left click this time and if I cant do it I will leave it alone for now. No never done any testing on Google and not trying it either need to get the forum problem sorted Ok so left clicked the link in your post takes the whole URL to my address bar and its typed in, I then highlight it (blue) Right click and it says 1. Cut 2. Copy. 3. Paste. 4. Paste and Go?? Think the whole process could be made so much easier Just like the way I can easily with a few clicks get the 0008.jpeg in a post but wont display till it's clicked on but that's the easiest way to do it and works every time. Cheers

MyNameIsTerry
27-06-17, 05:37
So, you click Copy. (Did you see the picture? )

Then you come back to this thread and click Insert Image. Delete anything out then paste in the URL (might be a right click function) then click OK.

You should then see that URL encased by image tags. Now post the post.

The image should now be in the post.

I can't replicate that issue with IE because it has never happened on the 3 versions I've used. It might be a Windows 8 issue? It's poor having to open that to do things like this because you already have IE open surely to be using the forum? Or are you using a strip down browser of some kind hence needing to open a proper browser to do these functions?

It is what it is, Dave. It's only a couple of clicks more to change it from a hyperlink to a displayed image.

---------- Post added at 05:37 ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 ----------

Did some searching around about what you mentioned.

The reason you are getting a prompt to use the desktop IE is because Windows 8 included a "Metro" version as well as a full IE version. It's basically a stripped down program and obviously it doesn't handle certain functions you need.

If opening the desktop version at this point allows you to finish the process, that's all good. If you don't want those messages, use the desktop version when surfing. If it doesn't bother you the rest of the time, it's obviously no issue for you.

I'm glad I went straight from Vista to 10. Windows 8 was always very buggy and the design wasn't the best.

Bigboyuk
27-06-17, 11:03
So, you click Copy. (Did you see the picture? )

Then you come back to this thread and click Insert Image. Delete anything out then paste in the URL (might be a right click function) then click OK.

You should then see that URL encased by image tags. Now post the post.

The image should now be in the post.

I can't replicate that issue with IE because it has never happened on the 3 versions I've used. It might be a Windows 8 issue? It's poor having to open that to do things like this because you already have IE open surely to be using the forum? Or are you using a strip down browser of some kind hence needing to open a proper browser to do these functions?

It is what it is, Dave. It's only a couple of clicks more to change it from a hyperlink to a displayed image.

---------- Post added at 05:37 ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 ----------

Did some searching around about what you mentioned.

The reason you are getting a prompt to use the desktop IE is because Windows 8 included a "Metro" version as well as a full IE version. It's basically a stripped down program and obviously it doesn't handle certain functions you need.

If opening the desktop version at this point allows you to finish the process, that's all good. If you don't want those messages, use the desktop version when surfing. If it doesn't bother you the rest of the time, it's obviously no issue for you.

I'm glad I went straight from Vista to 10. Windows 8 was always very buggy and the design wasn't the best. Yes I saw the image. If I cant get a paste option to show at the last stage, then I believe certain key strokes will do the same. I know it's Ctrl+C for copy and is it Ctrl+V for Paste and must it be higher case letters at the end? Also would any of the F keys does the same thing (Copy&Paste) So even though the compute stick is a pc so when is it running the full IE version, I guess on this image issue? So ordinary surfing like when on the forum will I be using the Metro version? And why to versions cant really see the point when the full IE Version will do it all.Thanks Terry :) Cheers

MyNameIsTerry
27-06-17, 12:30
Yep, those shortcut keys will do the job fine I tend to use them rather than a mouse or touchpad on laptops. Just remember to highlight the URL first or it will copy something else probably.

No need for higher case, just CTRL & the relevant key. It's not case sensitive.

The F keys don't do copy/paste to my knowledge. It would be a duplication with already having a short cut.

It's your Windows 8 that is the issue with the two versions of IE. They built it that way. You can surf using either version but which method you use to open your browser determines which is launched. If you launch it from the desktop it is the full version. I think the Metro strip down version is launched from the start menu.

Bigboyuk
27-06-17, 12:45
Yep, those shortcut keys will do the job fine I tend to use them rather than a mouse or touchpad on laptops. Just remember to highlight the URL first or it will copy something else probably.

No need for higher case, just CTRL & the relevant key. It's not case sensitive.

The F keys don't do copy/paste to my knowledge. It would be a duplication with already having a short cut.

It's your Windows 8 that is the issue with the two versions of IE. They built it that way. You can surf using either version but which method you use to open your browser determines which is launched. If you launch it from the desktop it is the full version. I think the Metro strip down version is launched from the start menu. Ahh Ok so while I can right click to copy I can use use the Ctrl+ key to paste or must I use it via the pop up options (both for copy and paste) and like wise the Ctrl+ keys or can I mx the 2 if I wish? And what was is the paste key V? I will have go in a bit. Yes makes sense that does Re IE browser but why have a watered down version in the fist place ? Would I eventually be best to upgrade to Windows 10? I mean I am quite happy with windows 8.1 and it does work much better (I think than any Android box you plug in to your Tv :) ) The other thing is (doesn't bother me really) is under Manage Attachments the for eg: 0008.jpg is no longer there so must be a session cookie that has expired but it still available in my CP so it's not lost :) Cheers

MyNameIsTerry
27-06-17, 13:18
Manage Attachments is just for uploading. It's Attachments in the CP that shows everything you have stored.

Microsoft built Windows 8 that way when they were starting out with apps so they were copying what Google do with Android. It was greatly improved moving to Windows 10. On 10 they introduced a new strip down called Edge bit it's basic functions are closer to what Chrome does. It's much better though as there is none of the naff tablet design of Windows 8.

You can upgrade. May have to pay though.

The reason they use these strip downs is because IE is terribly slow these days. It used to be great but Firefox & Chrome left it for dust.

Copy/paste will work with mouse or desktop shortcuts. They are doing the same thing to Windows so it doesn't matter which you do. Just like using the mouse to click up & down on a scroll bar or the cursors.

CTRL + V is paste.

Bigboyuk
28-06-17, 11:04
Manage Attachments is just for uploading. It's Attachments in the CP that shows everything you have stored.

Microsoft built Windows 8 that way when they were starting out with apps so they were copying what Google do with Android. It was greatly improved moving to Windows 10. On 10 they introduced a new strip down called Edge bit it's basic functions are closer to what Chrome does. It's much better though as there is none of the naff tablet design of Windows 8.

You can upgrade. May have to pay though.

The reason they use these strip downs is because IE is terribly slow these days. It used to be great but Firefox & Chrome left it for dust.

Copy/paste will work with mouse or desktop shortcuts. They are doing the same thing to Windows so it doesn't matter which you do. Just like using the mouse to click up & down on a scroll bar or the cursors.

CTRL + V is paste.Sure makes sense :) Are these strip down versions as secure as the normal ones though? Yes I heard that too that one now may have to pay for windows 10 so may leave it 8.1 You would think they would have tweaked IE to run faster, is that possible? No what I am saying is can I mx the copy and paste functions for Eg: to get copy up on screen I just right click the link then using Ctrl+V to paste so only using the Ctrl once if that makes sense? Don't have a mouse, just a tracker pad and 2 buttons left and right so does the same thing :) Thanks

MyNameIsTerry
28-06-17, 11:11
Yep, you can mix those functions.

IE was always slow. They've gone this route instead so I doubt it will change. Perhaps it's quicker & easier than changing it and since it's heavily used in businesses that might be a reason?

It's as secure.

Edge has one major design flaw that puts me right off. It doesn't resurrect your tabs if it crashes so you lose everything you had open. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Last I looked into it they had no plans to change this despite many annoyed users like me. A total fail in thinking about the user there. Like it would mean much to save that in memory!

Bigboyuk
28-06-17, 11:25
Yep, you can mix those functions.

IE was always slow. They've gone this route instead so I doubt it will change. Perhaps it's quicker & easier than changing it and since it's heavily used in businesses that might be a reason?

It's as secure.

Edge has one major design flaw that puts me right off. It doesn't resurrect your tabs if it crashes so you lose everything you had open. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Last I looked into it they had no plans to change this despite many annoyed users like me. A total fail in thinking about the user there. Like it would mean much to save that in memory! Nicely answered :) I find the striped down version of IE (not Desk top) is actually quite fast on forums and general browsing too so quite happy with that. What I don't like is when selecting a Favourite it knocks out one open tab when I go back to tabs ( it shouldn't be doing that) even when there are only 4 or 5 open tabs in the address bar and reopening it doesn't bring it back either so annoying any cure for this? Cheers

MyNameIsTerry
28-06-17, 16:27
Do you mean it opens the favourite in the current tab rather than in a new one so you lose what was in that tab? If so, are there right click options like "open in new tab", "open in new window", etc?

Bigboyuk
28-06-17, 16:41
Do you mean it opens the favourite in the current tab rather than in a new one so you lose what was in that tab? If so, are there right click options like "open in new tab", "open in new window", etc? Ahh yes think it does, right to hover over the favourite you want (in favourites) then right click for open in new tab! Seems a strange set up though, one would think select a favourite and that becomes a new tab in your address bar but easily put right thanks. http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=3086&d=1498404316

---------- Post added at 16:41 ---------- Previous post was at 16:36 ----------

Ahh yes think it does, right hover over the favourite you want (in favourites) then right click for open in new tab! Seems a strange set up though, one would think select a favourite and that becomes a new tab in your address bar but easily put right thanks. http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=3086&d=1498404316 Ahh just tried from my cp under attachments copied using right click found the post but not via Desk Top route and Ctrl+V so it's pasted the address in to a post and it was easy but still not displaying image only the link, hmm Cheers

MyNameIsTerry
28-06-17, 16:48
That's because you pasted a link - as a link.

Click Insert Image, shove that link in to it and it will convert the link to a picture.

Bigboyuk
28-06-17, 16:52
That's because you pasted a link - as a link.

Click Insert Image, shove that link in to it and it will convert the link to a picture. Ha ha damn short term memory go to advanced first ahh

MyNameIsTerry
28-06-17, 16:54
Ha ha damn short term memory go to advanced first ahh

Quick Reply will do it too.

The PM system works same so once you've learnt to do it you can send images rather than links if needed.

Bigboyuk
28-06-17, 16:54
Test http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=3086&d=1498404316 it took me to desk top cause of the dialouges that NMP uses but its pasted the darn link again I did click on Insert Image and I went to desk top as requested by on screen message so I don't know what's going on? And this will work from the cp via attachments? So to summarise. Step 1. Go to CP>Attachments?Right Click to Copy link> Find post> Click on Insert Image (this will convert it a image> Wait for dialogue screen ditch the http:// that's already typed in>Ctrl V and click ok is this correct or have I missed some thing out? What a pain Terry Thanks

MyNameIsTerry
28-06-17, 17:01
So, you clicked Insert Image then you ok'd opening up the desktop version, pasted it in and clicked OK? Bit strange.

Test

All Insert Image does is type those tags above. The button just makes it easier. At the worst, you could type them around your link and it would work. Just less convenient. Try it, at least then you know you can do it.

The tags work the same for lots of things e.g. bold, italic, quote, etc. The letters just change.

Bigboyuk
28-06-17, 17:35
So, you clicked Insert Image then you ok'd opening up the desktop version, pasted it in and clicked OK? Bit strange.

Test

All Insert Image does is type those tags above. The button just makes it easier. At the worst, you could type them around your link and it would work. Just less convenient. Try it, at least then you know you can do it.

The tags work the same for lots of things e.g. bold, italic, quote, etc. The letters just change. Correct but no Vbulletin box showed with the http: may be that's why but why didn't it show up this time? So once the attachment has been copied which it was and still is apparently even now so it should work or do I go back to Cp and then start the copy process again following all other steps after that? That's the only thing I could see that that wasn't there in chain was the V bulletin box with the http: that you have to delete first before pasting. it's strange, have you any devices on windows 8.1 running Terry for a test
Cheers

---------- Post added at 17:22 ---------- Previous post was at 17:20 ----------

Test: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=3086&d=1498404316

---------- Post added at 17:27 ---------- Previous post was at 17:22 ----------

:yesyes:Horray :D At long last phew did it and with out going back to cp, obviously will have to go back if I want a different pic in a post as it will still be there and this time the
V bulletin box did appear ditched the http: after I clicked on insert image thanks Terry :)

---------- Post added at 17:35 ---------- Previous post was at 17:27 ----------

Is it the same steps when selecting from Manage Attachments too? But once image is displayed the Manage Attachments wont have display for Eg: 0008.jpg that will disappear leaving it empty for the next image? Cheers

Hollow
28-06-17, 17:57
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjUrBCfVEAAQlo_.jpg

MyNameIsTerry
28-06-17, 19:01
:yesyes::yahoo:

I've never used Windows 8.

All Manage Attachments does it let you upload one. It does nothing more. After you upload an image you always use the User CP Attachments menu add that shows everything stored so you can keep using them.

Bigboyuk
28-06-17, 20:14
:yesyes::yahoo:

I've never used Windows 8.

All Manage Attachments does it let you upload one. It does nothing more. After you upload an image you always use the User CP Attachments menu add that shows everything stored so you can keep using them. Sure
understand that saying that though the options to show thumbnails or hide thumbnails I have toggled between the 2 options and nothing happens still shows eg 0008.jpg any ideas as to why? should show thumbnails when the option is on for show thumbnails. Brower issue may be or has it never worked? Cheers

MyNameIsTerry
29-06-17, 05:13
Are you saying they just show are the filename and not the thumbnail?

Where are you seeing this? Is It when you try to upload to here? Or when browsing folders in general?

Depending on what you are doing there might be different reasons.

Bigboyuk
29-06-17, 09:41
Are you saying they just show are the filename and not the thumbnail?

Where are you seeing this? Is It when you try to upload to here? Or when browsing folders in general?

Depending on what you are doing there might be different reasons. Yes only file name But cant switch between the 2 optitions. I thought I had said where it was my apologies ahh in the CP of the forum under attachments you can toggle between the 2 Hide Thumbnails/Show Thumbnails Cheers

MyNameIsTerry
29-06-17, 13:09
Does nothing for me either. Probably the uploaded image format doesn't work for thumbnails? Or they have turned it off? Or it's broke?

Suggest asking Admin.

Bigboyuk
29-06-17, 14:05
Does nothing for me either. Probably the uploaded image format doesn't work for thumbnails? Or they have turned it off? Or it's broke?

Suggest asking Admin. Thanks for testing it out Terry :) Prehaps Admin will see this thread and provide a answer about this problem?? When clicking on them in the Cp they do display the image(s) too I have just tried them.Cheers

MyNameIsTerry
29-06-17, 16:32
If you need to know I would ask as they may not see any of this. They don't seem to be around as much at the moment as they used to be. Probably enjoying the sun and who can blame them?!!!

Bigboyuk
29-06-17, 17:57
If you need to know I would ask as they may not see any of this. They don't seem to be around as much at the moment as they used to be. Probably enjoying the sun and who can blame them?!!! What sun Terry LOL It's like a Autumn day cool and wet in 'castle duck ;) But will mention it perhaps Alex could have a look at it clearly it doesn't work. Cheers

Bigboyuk
02-07-17, 13:55
I passed the problem on to Elen who kindly passed it over to Nic who had a look and clearly it didn't work for them either! I was told it worked in a previous VBulletin Upgrade but on the current version it's stopped working, been told the forum will soon be upgraded again and will pass the problem over to Alex to see if he can work his magic :) I mean it makes sense and personally wouldn't need a toggle would prefer just to see thumbnails in my CP Under Attachments The it's easier to choose the one that I want to post, but either way so long as you can toggle between the 2 options it doesn't really matter. Cheers

MyNameIsTerry
24-04-18, 17:09
Are you able to insert images into Private Messages?

---------- Post added at 15:49 ---------- Previous post was at 15:45 ----------

Are you able to use images in private messages?

Yeah, it works the same as posting.