PDA

View Full Version : Read something disturbing....Help!

Megan99
14-05-17, 02:49
For a paper, I had to research about the death penalty and ways they execute people. I read a particularly disturbing article about a botched execution on an electric chair. It had disturbing details about the way the body was smoking and how smoke poured out of the person and stuff. And there were images of the chair. And now, I can't get the image out of my head! It is just so disturbing! But I don't know what to do??? I really hate this essay I have to write. And, I am worried that I will go crazy if I keep thinking about it. It was sooo disturbing....What would be the best way to get over this?? Anyone else experience this?

Deckard
14-05-17, 08:29
Hey Megan,

I don't have much good advice to give, but I had similar images stuck in my had (even ones about electric chair executions, after I watched The Green Mile, that movie haunted me for months.) All I can say is, you'll forget about it eventually, but it takes time unfortunately. Of course, having to write about it doesn't help. You won't go crazy though. Try not to think about _why_ you can't stop thinking about it, it just makes it worse.

--deckard

MyNameIsTerry
14-05-17, 15:17
It will pass as your mind moves away from the triggering higher anxiety that you currently feel. So, it's best not to try to push it away, whih gives it importance, but to just accept something has upset you which could be upsetting for anyone and not to analyse why or what, just push on with your day and let it go naturally through other focusses.