PDA

View Full Version : CITALOPRAM - please help 😢

Aejh91
14-05-17, 07:52
I have hypochondria and generalized anxiety. I cant leave the house or feel safe on my own, I have constant panic attacks and worry something is going to happen to me.
I couldnt eat and I couldnt sleep, my heart pounds and my body shakes and goes hot and I generally am in a state. I question if I am going crazy.
So I gave in and went to the doctor as I just couldnt cope. I wonder why this has happened to me.
I have been prescribed 10mg citalopram and am on day 11. My anxiety has worsened dramitcally and I get terrified of serotonin syndrome. I felt spaced out and weird and thought i was going mad
Then the past few days i had amazing days where I felt so calm. But yesterday and today I am back to square one :( I feel like giving up but there is nothing to give up from. I just want some reassurance that I will get better and im not crazy and that good and bad days are to be expected.
Thankyou :)

Autumnx1003
14-05-17, 12:39
I have hypochondria and generalized anxiety. I cant leave the house or feel safe on my own, I have constant panic attacks and worry something is going to happen to me.

I couldnt eat and I couldnt sleep, my heart pounds and my body shakes and goes hot and I generally am in a state. I question if I am going crazy.

So I gave in and went to the doctor as I just couldnt cope. I wonder why this has happened to me.

I have been prescribed 10mg citalopram and am on day 11. My anxiety has worsened dramitcally and I get terrified of serotonin syndrome. I felt spaced out and weird and thought i was going mad

Then the past few days i had amazing days where I felt so calm. But yesterday and today I am back to square one :( I feel like giving up but there is nothing to give up from. I just want some reassurance that I will get better and im not crazy and that good and bad days are to be expected.

Thankyou :)

I can't speak for how the medication will turn out for you, but I highly recommend posting this in the medication section of NMP. That forum was really helpful when I was trying Prozac. As for the anxiety, I can empathize with how debilitating it can be :( I suffer, too. I pray the medication eventually helps you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aejh91
14-05-17, 12:58
Im new to the forum and am not sure how to post into another category? I feel so hopeless and the medication makes me feel so scared ��